Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why bother helping anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Why is it, you have such groups as [The_Angels] who are purposed in assisting players, as well as other veteran players doing their best to help new players in their own way, get shut down and ignored?

Getting a little frustrated with the 'God-like' attitudes some administrators have, and the lack of help they actually really are supposed to give. I will not name names, nor point any fingers, but it appears a lot of them fail to show compassion on a real life human.

People make mistakes, but it appears it is unwelcome for another player to try and assist someone who has failed to understand the criteria here. In real life, people get lawyers to defend them, regardless of the seriousness of the crime. Here, you screw up, or even only accused of screwing up, and that is it, ban-hammer falls and who cares what happens to you.

I love this game, the server even more so. But in my opinion, things are very totalitarian here. Reminds me a little of a Cold War regime.

I expect nothing from this, I just needed to say my piece and vent. And if I somehow get 'purged' for speaking out, then that solidly proves my thesis.

Good luck to the new players out there, and my only advice I can pass is read the rules, respect other players and try not end up in the Gulag.

Trouble, Out
Who blew up your Hege that you're fuming...? Seriously lad, chill. If you have a specific situation that ticks you off, post that here so something might actually be done about it. Not sure what can be done to solve anything given your current info doesn't state the problem...
"Cold war regime"? What's that?

On topic - "why bother helping anyone", well, don't. This is not the real-life and rules here are less complex - infinitely - so nobody needs a laywer. Provided he can read, of course.
You know, I pray every single day that by 4.86 people will have realized that a little more mod-given programmed ingame help for noobs is well worth the effort.
*chuckles*

No one blew me up, been a long time since that happened.

No, this is in reference to me trying to help someone, and being shut down for it.

Did not expect any sympathies, nor any assistance, nor any grief and nor do I expect change. I just needed to vent on the lack of support supplied here in the forums sometimes.

Maybe the rules might be less complex here, but has anyone heard of fair play? 8 rogues on a transport is cool, 10 caps on a Rogue bomber is acceptable. This is all in game stuff. What I am referring to is out of game support for the game. A lad was sanctioned for screwing up, and he was punished rightly so. Even that I do not have qualms about. What I do have an issue with is peoples opinion to trying to assist a defendant to understand what he did wrong, and actively seeking a way for him to learn and join the rest of us in game in a respectable manner.

However it appears doing such things is unwelcome, and that is what I have fumed over. Correct procedures were undertaken, valuable time was spent, and compassion was shared. But all that didn't matter. Punishment here appears to keep new players who haven't clicked on quick enough, out.
' Wrote:You know, I pray every single day that by 4.86 people will have realized that a little more mod-given programmed ingame help for noobs is well worth the effort.
I just wanted to quote ya here & say "Hi Karlotta" so that the evil, unfairly biased admins can hurry up & disappear your latest, painfully obvious incarnation.
Go take a walK'
' Wrote:Go take a walK'
get outta my head!!:lol:I thought about using the old phrase: "Take a long walk off a short pier" but decided against it 'cause hey, I'm a mere lightweight in the troll category on account of my venomous, yet easy going style:crazy:
*Chuckles*

It appears there are plenty of narrow minded people here. Things are good for you then, I assume?

Ian Desari, this is just a vent, your opinion nor your words are welcome. I don't need some jumped-up narrow minded individual telling me I need to "Go take a walk" This is a discussion on my opinion, not a discussion for you to be a fitness instructor

Apologies pal, that was not directed at you.

I did state who it was aimed at though.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5