Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So Sony Unveils PSP2...Here is first gaming Video from presentation...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Sony unveils PSP2. This little piece of awesomeness gonna have power of PS3!!!

The new device will come with the following features:

* 5-inch OLED touchscreen with 960×544 resolution (the current PSP has a 4.3-inch LCD with 480 × 272 resolution)
* ARM Cortex A9 core CPU (4 core)
* SGX543MP4 GPU
* storage: '€œnew type of mini flash memory cards'€ (definitely no UMDs anymore)
* new form factor (Sony speaks of a '€œsuper oval'€ shape)
* touch pad on the rear that allows users to '€œtouch'€ or '€œpush'€ objects in games from the back
* 3G and Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n connectivity (3G for a portable gaming system is a first)
* front and rear cameras
* dual analog sticks
* tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS controls
* GPS
* built-in stereo speakers, mic
* Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
* size: 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm

Here is a link to First Gameplay Video : PSP2 Gameplay: Uncharted

So what Ya think ??

I like HD and 3D, so imma stick with PS3 :cool:

Oh yeh, and the PS move:D
Pretty impressive graphics for a handheld.

Issues I am most likely to have:

-Price

-Gaming lineup
Let me explain that: Not only are current "core" video games absolutely horrible in my taste, but a Touchscreen and the motion gadget invites a crapload of cheesy partygames and low level stuff like that.

-Homebrew
Explanation: I hate it, when my technical gadgets are limited and controlled by the company that build them (hello, Apple!). But given the current directives, not only of Sony but all bigger Entertainment Enterprises, the PSP2 will be as closed as the legs of a nun.
' Wrote:This little piece of awesomeness gonna have power of PS3!!!

It's simply impossible, maaaybe will be after five, six years.
Meh, don't care much for handheld gaming, but I agree, looks nice.

Nintendo 3DS
I'll give the community a month to hack it once it comes out =P

IF and ONLY IF (which it probably wont) it supports MSPD, I'll consider one. Otherwise, I'll keep my epic Skull Cameo PSP 3K =)

' Wrote:Nintendo 3DS

Not for me i dont see 3d...

' Wrote:It's simply impossible, maaaybe will be after five, six years.

Yep They over hype with That PS3 power but not that much...

In stores at fall they still working on battery and Cooling issues...

We'll see They gonna do 2 different models. Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi/3G and that will come with Internet subscirtion from Cell providers..monthly bill cheaper console...

I'm looking forward to it..Was bailing on PSP waiting for it from like 9 months now can wait another 9;)
They're making the same mistake that Sega made with the Gamegear.

Oh well np give the market to Nintendo, which is more inventive anyway.
' Wrote:Oh well np give the market to Nintendo, which is more inventive anyway.

I see this argument many times but I would like to have it thoroughly explained.
Pages: 1 2