Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cpt.Kluge - New Kid on the block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
//This is all going to be OORP not sure if it requires the old //

Hi Guys, I'm new, names Cam.

Played the old Freelancer Discovery 4.85 Beta 4 on a different server with a few mates and we are getting back into it, just thought I would introduce my self and also ask a few questions. For those of you that might have seen me I am mostly trading on my Behemoth - RepEx-Shipping|005.

I've just had a few questions related to the RP aspects of the server.

1) In the past I have been pirated and one time I thought instead of halting I would give fleeing a go - If I decide to completely disregard the pirate but I tell him that I will not stop is it okay? Is it his fault for not shooting me the moment I acknowledge him to let him see I have seen his requests for me to power down and deny?

2) I thought about making a pirate so I did a bit of research into what sort of ship I would like. After a bit of looking around it seemed to come down to a Bomber or a Destroyer and I thought I would work for the Bretonian B-3000 Challenger as I liked both the look and the dedicated CD slot. Worked up my rep with the BAF-Guard and recently purchased but it turns out there are certain RP requirements that go with that ship so my second question is: Is it RP if I use the Challenger as a pirate vessel even though my main goal is to ally myself with the Junkers and Pirate in the outskirts of space? Perhaps I could write up an RP story for it and see if I can somehow get approval? If not, no harm done I will go with the RP rules so in that case can anyone recommend a ship or even better an Player-Faction of pirates who are looking for players?

Hope this aint to much of a read. Really enjoying getting back into freelancer and any tips are welcome as I am pretty much winging it at the moment

Cheers,

Cam.
' Wrote://This is all going to be OORP not sure if it requires the old //

Hi Guys, I'm new, names Cam.

Played the old Freelancer Discovery 4.85 Beta 4 on a different server with a few mates and we are getting back into it, just thought I would introduce my self and also ask a few questions. For those of you that might have seen me I am mostly trading on my Behemoth - RepEx-Shipping|005.

I've just had a few questions related to the RP aspects of the server.

1) In the past I have been pirated and one time I thought instead of halting I would give fleeing a go - If I decide to completely disregard the pirate but I tell him that I will not stop is it okay? Is it his fault for not shooting me the moment I acknowledge him to let him see I have seen his requests for me to power down and deny?

2) I thought about making a pirate so I did a bit of research into what sort of ship I would like. After a bit of looking around it seemed to come down to a Bomber or a Destroyer and I thought I would work for the Bretonian B-3000 Challenger as I liked both the look and the dedicated CD slot. Worked up my rep with the BAF-Guard and recently purchased but it turns out there are certain RP requirements that go with that ship so my second question is: Is it RP if I use the Challenger as a pirate vessel even though my main goal is to ally myself with the Junkers and Pirate in the outskirts of space? Perhaps I could write up an RP story for it and see if I can somehow get approval? If not, no harm done I will go with the RP rules so in that case can anyone recommend a ship or even better an Player-Faction of pirates who are looking for players?

Hope this aint to much of a read. Really enjoying getting back into freelancer and any tips are welcome as I am pretty much winging it at the moment

Cheers,

Cam.

1) Running from pirates is not against the rules/law

2) You cannot pirate with Bretonia Armed Forces ships, you would NEVER get approval. That BAF-Guard are <strike>pirates</strike> lawful. Privateers however can sort of pirate to donate to the "Queen" They can demand from Rheinland/Kusari/Gallia traders. They cannot demand cargo/credits from Liberty, or Bretonian traders however.

Rules
Tech Chart
Right, I suppose I could just look into allying with the BAF again and seeing how things go from there then right?
If you want to pirate in bretonia, I suggest the Mollys or the Corsairs. But you will need to use one of there ships.
' Wrote:If you want to pirate in bretonia, I suggest the Mollys or the Corsairs. But you will need to use one of there ships.
On a similar note, if it's the dedicated CD slot on the Challenger that interests you, the Mollys might be just right for you. Their bomber, the Barghest, is very similar to the Challenger in that regard.

But as for pirating in Challenger, I'm predicting a 98% chance that it'll never happen. You'd have to have some really good reasons and a very developed back-story for a guy who uses a BAF (lawful) ship for unlawful purposes. So, like I said, take a look at the Barghest instead.

Also, I noticed you mentioning pirating in a Destroyer. That's not actually allowed by the rules, in most cases. The largest ship you can pirate in is a Gunboat, and those, too, are rather effective pirating tools.

And as Mikeeyy already said, there's nothing in the rules stating that you have to stop for the pirates. Realistically, the first thing a merchant ship would do upon seeing a pirate ship is run like hell, so feel free to do just that. However, if the pirate is talking at you, or even just repeatedly asking you to "halt", it's only polite to talk back at him, even if it's just snarky remarks about his terrible odor.
Welcome, Test Subject 28.

Please read these two versions of rule write-ups, and tell me which one you found more helpful for newcomers.

Version 1:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

Version 2:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90732