Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion: Prohibit people from saying ''Hi Karlotta'' to newcomers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As the title says. People in this community are very defensive when newcomers bring ideas because of how Karlotta operates (by creating new alt accounts all the time and try to be a radicalist), and it's exactly what Karlotta wants. By accusating every constructive newcomer of being Karlotta, not only are you insulting them and push them to go away, but you give them the wrong image this community should give, which makes Karlotta achieve his goal by disrupting our unity and open-ness, in a certain way. By being more open minded, newcomers won't be as intimidated and will more easily become an integral part of this community, but post count and joining date shouldn't have any influence on your points. Thoughts?
...Hi Karlotta? I kid, I kid.

No, you're right on this one. But well, there's nothing you can do about it really, people around here think it's funny so they just do it anyway. Trust me.
Who's Karlotta?
' Wrote:Who's Karlotta?

Not entirely sure, but it seems to make one more popular by saying "Hi Karlotta" and acting like you know what's going on.

KARLOTTA

And his words shall be heard still in thousand years.

It reminds me somehow of that other more historically related guy and his thoughts and ideas that somehow all want to forget but which'll by the looks live on forever because people can't just shrug it off.

Which is curious, as people in this -community- here're else such professionals shrugging topics off.

Weird Weird.
Thread needs more kittens.

Vee! Not Flood...
+1
I dont believe that his goal is to scare newbies. Newbies will probably be confused, not scared or disappointed.
Actually I like some things that Karlotta did and you can hate me because of that i dont care.
' Wrote:I dont believe that his goal is to scare newbies. Newbies will probably be confused, not scared or disappointed.
Actually I like some things that Karlotta did and you can hate me because of that i dont care.

I'm not entirely against Karlotta, either, but it's still used as an insult.
Don't know if we should explicitly "prohibit" people from saying it, but it's definitely something that shouldn't be happening. There have been a few too many newbies mistaken for Karlotta-alts, which brings unneeded hostility to the newcomer and, as you say, gives them the wrong impression.

Perhaps we as members of the community just need to be more open about this, and simply not say it. If we can just stop saying "Hi Karlotta" to any newbie who comes in with new ideas, then we don't really need a rule to enforce it. So let's try it out ourselves before calling in the mods and admins.

Seriously, who the hell is Karlotta?
' Wrote:Seriously, who the hell is Karlotta?
Someone who is too attached to this place it seems.

You dont really wanna know, trust me. Its not that interesting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4