Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer graphics issue!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So,I'm putting this here cause I don't really know where else to put it.

The problems started when I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 two days ago.Back on winXP everything was slow as ****,but Freelancer worked like a charm,with max graphics hitting 120 FPS (max for my monitor).Now,with Win7 installed,everything else is very fast since my comp got a complete wipeout of unnecessary things etc...but Freelancer threw out the "Video card not recognized" issue and now it's running on 20~ FPS. I can't begin to explain how much that sucks.Info: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 card, all drivers installed and working (All the other games I have installed work -PERFECTLY-. The video card note happened on XP as well,but there it worked perfectly. Perhaps Win7 has some unknown issues? Any help is very much appreciated.
Freelancer will display "Video card not recognized" on every post-2004 video card,
pretty much. Nothing to worry about, it's not an issue. 20 FPS,
however, quite certainly is - Freelancer should run fine on almost any
reasonably new computer, even without a "proper" graphics card in software
mode.
That's exactly what I'm worried about! My comp is very,very good for Freelancer. 3.2 intel dual core processor,4 gb RAM,new motherboard...yet it still has uberlow FPS and even with that,it chops the screen every 4-5 seconds,like a millisecond screenfreeze.