Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hoy there, monsieurs and mademoiselles.

The Gallic Metal Service is looking to update its look. Our current logo is adequate, but Ze Arch demands more than adequate! And that's where you come in.

For the new logo, I'm looking for something sleek and modern, something two-tone, with one of the colors being a sharp grey or silver, and the second either green or blue, but that's not set in stone. The only parameters other than suggested colors are the text, we need to have "GMS" or "Gallic Metal Service" somewhere on that logo, whether it's just a feature or the focus of the logo itself. Everything else is negotiable.

[Image: 264px-GallicMetalService.png]
This is what we ended up choosing for our logo.

Up for grabs is 100 million Sirius Credits, which will go to the user who creates the logo that we choose to use for the faction. I'm really looking for a fairly radical change from our current logo, so have fun with it. If you intend on contributing, please throw a post down just to let us know to expect something from you.
my first project:
[Image: GMS_logo.png]
I will start working on something, if I won't manage to finish it, will let you know.
Will give this a go and get back to you with a logo during tomorrow. If you need it very urgently, I can see what I can do - but a good, well polished logo needs a day or two.:)
Nope, no rush at all on the logo. I realize that the best work takes time, and I want the best, heh.

Anomander, it's fairly nice, but I'm not quite digging the industrial feel. I'm looking for something more clean and modern, like a lot of real-world companies are doing today to make their logo feel more bright and cheery. I do appreciate the quick attempt, though.
second version:
[Image: GMS_logo2.png]
#1:
[Image: GMSLogo.png]

#2:
[Image: GMSLogoV2c.png]

Tell me what you think... especially regarding the last two sets of "wheels"
Here's a little try-at.

Usable on any background, from dark to bright.

Multiple variations as well.

[Image: logo_t.png]

[Image: logo_var4.png]

[Image: logo_var5.png]

[Image: logo_var6.png]

[Image: logo_var.png]
[Image: logo_var3.png]
[Image: logo_var2.png]
Quite a few good entries, I'm liking it so far. At this point, I think Rommie's designs have the support of the GMS.

I'll let this sit for a couple more days to see if anyone else wants to take a swing at it, and I've got an outside resource giving me her interpretation too. Really, the only restrictions are that I want the logo to be clean and simple. Flares, metals, and glows have their place, but we're not so much looking for them to be in this graphic. Other than that, the design is what you can think up.
As so you just want the imprint shape? That explains is. :] Will give it a second go then.
Pages: 1 2