Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Graphical Screwup (Fixed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, hai guys! I'm back. Ruv yew. I was going to post a more formal hello thread, but this came up and I figure needs to be addressed.

Next!

So here's what happened. I was browsing the forums, specifically the Media Center when my monitor froze up before turning black for a few moments. Once it returned, there was this gigantic, hideous grid-like graphical glitch thing. This, I thought, was no big deal. I'd just shut down Firefox.

So I shut down Firefox and my desktop background looks like somebody took a magnet to my monitor. I was slightly concerned, but decided on just restarting my computer and everything seemed okay. Which is to say, until I began playing Minecraft, where the graphics had this weird, fuzzy, net-like pixelation to them. I shrugged.

The real problem starts with Freelancer where the color blending is a complete monstrosity. The colors look more like a topographical map in their distinct alterations in hue than a nebula.

http://img198.imageshack.us/f/templ.png/ (Note the lack of blending)

Suns are an especial adventure to look at:
http://img691.imageshack.us/f/screen611.png/

Now. I am completely perplexed as to what has happened. I've tried updating my drivers. The wizard failed to find a better match than the software already installed, quoth the Raven. I've tried resetting my graphics card to factory defaults. This too failed. The performance settings on Freelancer are still where they used to be. This all started after I was browsing the forums and something tanked, which makes even less sense to me.

Help?
Sounds to me like you are gonna be in need of a new video card very shortly. I would suggest you either borrow or get a cheap one to just test it and see if that solves the issue.
Try using EMB bloom?
From those screenshots it looks exactly like FL was set to run in the x16 version of the resolution. So in the in-game preferences it would state the resolution is for example 1024x768x16 which is the lower quality version of the resolution without blending, which is what you're seeing. In the x32 version of the resolution, such as 1024x768x32 it should have blending. Might want to check the in-game resolution and see if it's on x16 or x32.
Oh bugger.

Well now I feel silly. I hadn't noticed the x16/x32 when I was checking the settings for reference of how they had been before. Now why on earth it would revert after Firefox dies, I haven't the foggiest.

Thanks, Xalrok. It appears to be fixed now.
Quote:So here's what happened. I was browsing the forums, specifically the Media Center when my monitor froze up before turning black for a few moments. Once it returned, there was this gigantic, hideous grid-like graphical glitch thing. This, I thought, was no big deal. I'd just shut down Firefox.

That is a sign that your graphics card is about to take a dump. Recently happened to mine too.