Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New-ish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Used to play a lot of Freelancer with a few mates, we did try out Discovery back then but as we were playing as a group we never really got "in to" the community.

Now I am back, minus the friends (none of their machines will run this now), and feeling a little lost in the vast wilderness that is the Freelancer Universe.

I normally play as a trader so I am looking for either someone who wouldn't mind taking me under their wing on a few trading runs, maybe a trader looking for a minion? Some fighter cover could be welcome also for some of the more interesting runs.

Sadly as I have only just started again I am in the starter ship, once again, and can't wait to get out of it. I mighty be on tonight, 18:00+ GMT, and will definitely be on at some point over the weekend.

Hopefully see a few of you in game at some point.
DO YOU LIKE TO TRADE?
DO YOU LIKE TO BE AWESOME?
DO YOU LIKE TO BECOME AN OPPRESSED WORKER OF AN IMMENSELY POWERFUL MEGACORPORATION WITH A MONOPOLY ON ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY?

If you answered 'Yes' to ANY of these questions, then you're fit for service in the Ageira Technologies Corporate Fleet!

Hit the Ageira pic in my sig to learn more about this amazing company! (plus a link to recruitment)

I have absolutely no bias in telling you to join this faction!

Welcome back.
[color=#000000]Well, at first...welcome (back). Its good to see that you planning to do something else, not just get a capship and pew pew on everything. If you are interested in unlawfull "trade" I could help you out with some tips, just send me a PM on the forum.

Since you have been here before, I'm well sure that you already know the rules, so just have a nice day and enjoy the Disco feeling.
Ohai! You like trading, eh? Come to Planetform. We make dream worlds! To do that, we need supplies. You can contribute to the dream worlds and get payed for it. Join now!

Or you can try the Legion of the Damned and smuggle things in Gallia.
Or council and send supplies to our front lines.
Also, the Integral System Engineering is also looking for new employees. Get colonial citizenship and be part of this amazing nation!
The Trade Division of the IMG is also looking for some new pilots in order to haul their ore.

Also... check the links in my sig for more info.
Instead of trying to get you to join a faction, I will say this.

Welcome back and have fun.
Cheers guys,

I should have mentioned that I am mostly looking to be an independent trader, with being so new to the game I figure why restrict my movement any. Although I am not planning to do much legal trading once I have the funds to do so easily available.

Thanks for the warm welcome and hopefully I'll remember names once I am playing.

Keep any hints and what ever coming though as I have a memory like a sieve but something might stick, plus it's always nice to have my own little thread for checking back on things.
Welcome, Test Subject 21.

Please read these two versions of rule write-ups, and tell me which one you found more helpful for newcomers.

Version 1:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4040

Version 2:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=90732
I'll reply to you here since the other thread got locked:

' Wrote:Ah what a lovely way to be introduced to the forums :-P

Shouldn't have expected any different, every forum is the same.

I haven't even managed to read through all of the rules yet, but I can pretty much guess the majority of them are going to common sense rules.

Regardless of how they are set up they will still seem daunting to newbs like me, even reading through the entire timeline of events on the Wiki I am still lost as to what is going on in the grand scheme of things, hence why at the moment I am quite happy to dawdle about myself and trade here, there and everywhere.

But sorry, I do agree, any change to the rules that you feel needs to be looked at should be ran through Mods, even if it is just changing the layout.

Thank you for your invaluable opinion.

The part where you say you havent managed to read through them, and where you say theye seem daunting to newbies like me is particularly welcomed by me, because it agrees with that I have been saying to other people, who say that everyone should read and understand all of them.

As for the rule changes, I only asked the people I was welcoming which they found more useful, not which ones they think should be changed. The poll was for everyone, I didnt ask the new peopel to vote in it, or about the rule changes.

But thank you very much for your feedback, and welcome (back).
yo
welcome. want to be an indie trader?

head down to barrier gate, coronado - the place every freelancer can call a home. conveniently located in the heart of sirius, you get almost instant access to 3 of the 4 major houses from there. as a bonus, thr equipment shop doesn't ask any tax or issue invoices when selling you the stuff, so you know you can go everywhere with it, without fear of prying eyes waiting to sanction you.

and get one of these two:

http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ndent_Trader_ID
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Smuggler_ID

technically they are the same, except that allying with lawfuls and pirate train part. anwyay, smuggler is to be considered a standard trader unless seen with some shady cargo and / or equipment.

oh and get a freelancer iff by taking a TRIPLE (3 in one BAR VISIT) bribe on barrier gate.

and feel free to ask stuff. welcome back

Pages: 1 2