Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlefield 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Battlefield 3
Developer: DICE Sweden
Publisher: EA
Expected Release: N/A
Platforms: PC, 360 and PS3
Engine: Frostbite 2

Comfirmed Features:
- 64 Man Multiplayer on PC
- Seperate Co-Op Campaign
- Single Player Campaign
- Jets
- Prone

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive...tlefield-3.aspx
Quote:In our world-exclusive cover story, Game Informer unveils the first numbered entry in the Battlefield series since 2005. Many longtime fans are wondering, "what took so long?!" DICE has honed the concept for the true sequel for years, but it wasn't until the company developed the powerful new Frostbite 2 engine that it felt all the pieces were in place to create a proper follow-up. Armed with powerful upgrades like deferred rendering, real-time radiosity, a new animation system borrowed from the EA Sports label, and an exponential leap in destructibility, executive producer Patrick Bach dubs Frostbite 2 "the best piece of technology on the market when it comes to building games."

You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes, but check back here and visit the official Battlefield 3 site tomorrow to watch the premiere teaser trailer and glean a few more key details.

Frequent the Battlefield 3 hub throughout the month of February for more exclusive features about the highly anticipated shooter coming to the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC.
:yahoo:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 has been my favourite game since its launch and not even Call of Duty Black Ops could lure me away from it.

I'm really excited by this, especially what the improved Frostbite engine is capable of.
' Wrote:Battlefield Bad Company 2 has been my favourite game since its launch and not even Call of Duty Black Ops could lure me away from it.

I'm really excited by this, especially what the improved Frostbite engine is capable of.

Seconded.
Exceptionally excited, been a fan of Battlefield games for years. Call of Duty has NEVER come close.

My one main hope is that they have bigger than 32 player games, not that it would put me off if they didn't include this.
The fact that EA are publishing it means that something about it will be less than perfect or broken, they always manage to screw the consumer somehow.

The fact that it's coming out for PC, PS3 and Xbox when Battlefield is more a PC-only type game... I see this as either having ModernWarfare2-syndrome or being another Call of Duty game.

But there is still hope, so I cling to that.
Oh god.. I've waited so long for this. And yes.. I want my 64 player matches back!
' Wrote:Oh god.. I've waited so long for this. And yes.. I want my 64 player matches back!

128... 256... classic...
' Wrote:128... 256... classic...

[Image: mag-only-possible-on-ps3.jpg]
' Wrote:The fact that EA are publishing it means that something about it will be less than perfect or broken, they always manage to screw the consumer somehow.

Good to see there's people who noticed it x_x
' Wrote:Good to see there's people who noticed it x_x

That's why I be torrenting their stuff. They screw me? I'll screw them right back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38