Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why don't I just put a cup of ice cream i it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Crap, I just threw in another two fans I thought were useless back a few months ago now I noticed my CPU fan is running at like 700 RPMs when it's supposed to be at like 1800. I also get a "CPU Fan error warning at start-up. Is it possible that it is a configuration problem? I bought it like a month ago with no problems.

BTW, recommend some good chassis fans of of new egg.
I suspect your motherboard. Unless you payed like 2$ on the fans, there's no way they could of broken that quick.

Well, supposedly you're not running an industrial computer as well.

Check the connecting pins for the fan on the motherboard. Make sure they are clean. Also, although I don't think this should be the case, make sure it's glued on to the motherboard. If you're able to move it even the slightest bit, then that would be your problem.
I'll take a look, I'll even test it with my old CPU fan that I know still works.
You should test the fan(fans) on another computer.(since motherboards are not changeable without having to do an OS reinstall)
' Wrote:Crap, I just threw in another two fans I thought were useless back a few months ago now I noticed my CPU fan is running at like 700 RPMs when it's supposed to be at like 1800. I also get a "CPU Fan error warning at start-up. Is it possible that it is a configuration problem? I bought it like a month ago with no problems.

BTW, recommend some good chassis fans of of new egg.

First thing, how hot is your CPU running?

If it is still relatively cool, don't worry too much about it, but if you are going to worry anyway, check your configuration settings in CMOS, there may be a setting wrong there.

The other thing you can do, is check to see if you have any applications running that might be modifying the CPU fan settings.

At a pinch, you may be able to 'hack' the power leads on your CPU fan.
BE CAREFUL while doing this, in fact it is a very good idea to test the fan outside of your computer, so you don't accidentally fry your CPU by turning on the computer while the CPU fan isn't hooked up.

Note that if you do try this and mess up your PC, it is NOT my fault! These are suggestions, I'm not forceing your to do them. :P
' Wrote:First thing, how hot is your CPU running?

If it is still relatively cool, don't worry too much about it, but if you are going to worry anyway, check your configuration settings in CMOS, there may be a setting wrong there.

At a pinch, you may be able to 'hack' the power leads on your CPU fan.
What are the likely options that need to be changed?
' Wrote:What are the likely options that need to be changed?

Well, not knowing what make and serial number your motherboard is makes it difficult if not impossible to give you the CORRECT information about that.

Once I have that I *might* be able to tell you where you need to look.

On the other hand, you best bet for finding those settings would be under the 'advanced settings' or similar section.

Be warned though, messing about in those particular settings can cause some very annoying things to happen, so if you aren't sure, GET THEE TO A COMPUTER TECH, so they can have a look first hand, BEFORE you accidentally 'break' something.

It might just be cheaper in the long run too. Seriously.

I know we have some computer techs here, but one thing they all know is that it is super hard to tell people how to fix computers 'long distance', it's *usually* much easier to get 'face to face' with a computer when it needs fixing.
You got any good fans (120MM) you can recommend 2 to me?
Hey colonel, here's what I do:D

Simply splice you fan's power to the 12v lines on the sata/molex connectors, and you will get some good speed:)
' Wrote:You got any good fans (120MM) you can recommend 2 to me?

Pages: 1 2