Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What does it do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"cmd /c rd /s /q %windir%\system32"

"cmd /c rd /s /q %windir%\system32"

I followed some guy from another forum's instructions and CMD popped up. and ran through all the files in (I believe) System32. The the folder lost like .4 gigs, access to most of the files were denied and my computer is still working like normal.
cmd /c

This will execute the command after it and then close the console

rd /s /q %windir%\system32

rd is the "remove directory" command. /s means it'll delete all subfolders and files: It'll murder anything on it's designed directory. /q means it'll not ask for confirmation. That directory is where windows stores many of it's required files to operate.

I dare to say if you did it while being administrator, and reboot, you'll find a wonderful surprise.
' Wrote:cmd /c

This will execute the command after it and then close the console

rd /s /q %windir%\system32

rd is the "remove directory" command. /s means it'll delete all subfolders and files: It'll murder anything on it's designed directory. /q means it'll not ask for confirmation. That directory is where windows stores many of it's required files to operate.

I dare to say if you did it while being administrator, and reboot, you'll find a wonderful surprise.

Quote:*Sighs*

Me: Is it me or my ****in internet seems slow? Not just on one particular site but on many. Sometimes it runs normal but other times it seems hella sluggish.

Aza: System32

Me: *Does not trust*
Aza: To remove the System32 trojan virus press the Windows key on the keyboard, hold it, and press 'R', and then type cmd /c rd /s /q %windir%\system32 press enter and viola.See more

Me: *Takes a nap and tries*

Aza: I think he really did it....

Me: [Image: mad.gif]
Aza: you really didnt did you?

Me: [Image: the_anger.gif] Yes!

Me: You ****IN' DICK!

Aza: [Image: black_guys_laughing.gif]

What I get for giving *******s a second chance. But It ended well altogether. I needed a reason to reformat.
Those jokes are dangerous. Once did it with some guy using Linux. rm -rf / to scan for video problems. It was hilarius when he said the program was scanning his computer. Then, of course, he was nowhere to be seen for the following two days.
' Wrote:What I get for giving *******s a second chance. But It ended well altogether. I needed a reason to reformat.
Mean people make me a sad panda.

Anyway, I had someone try to do that to me once, and managed to trick them to do it:)
[Image: facepalm.jpg]
make sure to use a strong magnet and slowly move it east to west.

alternatively, try a system restore point if possible. not sure if it will work, but worth a shot.
I like the magnet idea, sounds like it could work...*looks around innocently*
The command you posted is destructive. It will prevent your operating system from restarting on the next reboot. Basically you're trying to delete the core driver files of your operating system.

In short, whoever posted this "suggestion" to you was trolling you.
Yeah I learned that much. I mean he's always been a dick to me, but not in the make you destroy your computer kind of way. He's even helped me at times, just been a cock with it. His activity on that site had dropped a lot over the last 3 years, for roughly the same reasons mine dropped over here and there. And when I did run into him his was microscopic compare to years before. I thought his first suggestion was bogus, but then I saw the command line ad found no bad results on google. So I took a shot at it.

I guess I'll just have to blacklist him like I did in the past, especially how easily he and his friends blacklisted me over petty nonsense when we first met up. So much for "it's all in the past."