Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Project Seraphim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: seraphim2.th.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General rough idea, looking for some feedback.
What faction did you have in mind when you made that?

It looks like something a Sith Lord would be the captain of.
That's actually pretty cool, hands down one of the better models I've seen for Discovery so far. Only thing that actually bugs me are the side pod things, which do look a bit too frail, which is probably the point, but if those circle extrusions are for turrets then it wouldn't really make much sense to have them that thin/have the turrets there.
' Wrote:It looks like something a Sith Lord would be the captain of.

Recommendation to give it a normal cockpit due to above reason. Though personally the design is lovely.
This is very reminiscent of a design I helped to work on. Is this ship in any way related to something Alvin wanted...?
Phoom flagship much? That looks amazing, could be scaled for quite a few different ships.
I'm not going to say anything about anyone who commissioned work from me without their permission.
No details of the ship,
Factions,
Players who contributed,

I'm just looking for some feedback on the overall design. I feel like it's lacking in overall details on the hall of the ship, but anytime I add anything there it looks over crowded and as such I've come to an impasse.
If common sense serves me right:

It has a very predatory look. I can see this thing skulking about, hunting other ships. The wings are a bit too much. It's large and rather unwieldy. Trimming it down a bit might give it a streamlined look. The bridge window is pretty cool. It needs to be replicated throughout the ship. The shape and the color itself. Some curvy, villainous windows here and there in observation ports. Or maybe sensor arrays to give this ship an automated look? It looks advanced, so it may not rely on windowed weaknesses.
The wings look a bit superfluous but it still looks nice. Seems like something you would find skulking around in the darker reaches of space before being vaporised.

If you can post a couple more perspectives of it it would be nice. The more we can see, the more there is to comment on.
Attach the wings to the main body vertically and maybe take a gander, would make it a little Kusari-ish though.
That's just a small suggestion to help with the wing issue that folks are seeing.

I think the model really is quite good but screams Anime to me. The spikes coming out of the wings at the back seem to serve no purpose at all but just..to get in the way. FL ships certainly have useless additions but not as obvious as this, without aesthetic reasons.

The main body is sexy, simple as that in my eyes. Curvy, sleek, very deadly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5