Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Factions own forum part? *open for discussion*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hy there,

Its wonderfull to have a forum to post on, So let me start by saying greath job evryone.

Still comming from a verry RP intensive server, the forum is less RP suitable.
In fact i find this forum to be verry unhandy and confusing.

Certain parts are ment for something as their titel describes but i find other things in there.
other parts i wish to find things but cant seem to locate them.

I dont say you should change the entire forum although a revision, after all the time this forum
has been online might be in order. This is just my opinion as a nearly graduated media and games professional.

The forum should reflect the player playing on the server, right?
so why not make the forum understandable for these players.

Insteaad of heaping evrything up one big pile of RP. I would like to see a neatly
ordered forum with a clear path to anny topic you search for.
this can be greathly done by setting up a private forum part for each Player Clan.
As they than get to be responsible for organising theyr own part.

this will reduce the ammount of mixxed topics on all current locations as RP wise all
posts are divided between the diffrent factions and a general part with no faction afiliation.

Each faction should than set up a part for public posts, like for new players and information sharing
with other factions. and a private section to discuss internally. preferable this is still visible to non members
but they can only see not post. and an even more closed section for members only.

Organising the forum this way enhances Roleplay on the forum, allows for easyer event organisation
by anny of the clans ( something im missing here ) and makes it far more easy to find that one post your interested in.

Some factions already took this matter in their own hand by profiding a page full of links to all relevant sections of their clan.
I know it might be admin heavy to alter the forum. but even if only all factions LinkPages could be made sticky somewhere it might already help as a first step.

Annyway, this is my request and my advise, and i wonder what other players think of this.
so please leave a reply, a comment, an addition or a supporting vote.
As well i request feedback from the admins on their thoughts about this.

Kind regards, and keep up the good work.

Karume
I came from a server where they had something like this, it was pretty neat. So yeah, i think its a great idea.
I've had to search and search through all sorts of subforums to find stuff before, and it gets obscure.
newly graduated media and games professional? i think the devs might want to pressgang you....

/summon cannon

initiate this young fellamelad into the ways of flhook!
Several factions have set up forum areas of their own. I know for a fact Benitez and CR have their own areas, most likely other factions as well. A section private to each guild would start cluttering the forums a bit with lots of subforums, but it would make finding stuff a treat. Think of it... need to post in a message dump? Probably one of the top topics in that forum. Need a comm to the faction specifically for some reason? Drop it in that subforum. Admin needs to doublecheck if a person has permission for tech? Tech grant topic could be a sticky in the subforum.

It would organize the forum a bit more, but at the same time, it could be a little chaotic to have a forum with 50 or so subforums.
Yes, do it, please.

Because then it will be easier to find the roleplay in between all the... stuff that is not roleplay.
About time somebody spoke out - You got my Vote

Bellck
It's a good idea, but it would take effort to sort through all the threads and I just can't see it ever getting done with the current team.
' Wrote:It's a good idea, but it would take effort to sort through all the threads and I just can't see it ever getting done with the current team.

Seems i'm a Web host and Forum Editor/Designer i can/will/assist in this if the Disco Team wishes of it.

I won't advertise our website here as I don't have permission from Igiss, however PM me and i'll give you the details:)

Bellck
If each sub forum was the factions responsibility then organising them and sorting out the posts to go there would also be the factions responsibility.
As told on Skype, I support this idea.
Something like this would be nice, but having a sub-forum for every faction would make casual browsing a bit more difficult. Having a sub-forum for each house/region may be a bit better to prevent over categorisation, which is just as bad as having everything in one lump.
Pages: 1 2 3 4