Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capital Ship turrets....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been thinking about what types of weapons the Capital Ship turrets are like all orther weapons...
like some weapons are plasma some are laser and u can read what type of weapons they are, but not Capital Ship turrets i would like to know what type kusari,liberty,Rheinland,bretoina, corsairs,outcast.. what type of weapons are they...

and what type is Nomad weapons, the blaster and cannon...and codes to... then u can mix ur weapons better for all shield types.. thx u:)
now - that will deeply disappoint you ..... so better sit down.

capship weapons are of NO type:(. - thats really sad... but it makes no difference what shield they hit and what colour they have. a cerberus is the same type as a solaris. mortar is the same as liberty basic turret; razor is the same as kusari defense turret. all the very same.

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:what now that suxs:(

now that should be change Capital Ship turrets should have a type ...and nomad/codes should have no type that is cool...
Meaning, that they will do the exact same damage to everything.
Besides, Codenames and Nomads ALREADY have no type.
Slight correction here, ladies and gents: if memory serves, Mortars are actually explosive damage. It used to be that a single heavy mortar fired into an Osiris' engine would destroy the whole thing. Just thought I'd throw that out:)
are you sure about that? - i thought the things destroying the osiris was the flak cannon. mortars appear to do precisely the damage listed - much unlike missiles. and they do the same damage from any angle. i am using the heavy mortar and i haven t seen a single shot "poof" yet, while missiles in general tend to do no harm to especially bigger warships.

the nova is a missile blast damage - but is the supernova, too? if so - why can t fighter missiles do the same damage - instead they "spread" the damage or do "splash" damage that is sometimes ignored by the target - and sometimes destroys it, doing much more damage than it should do.

If I am not mistaken the Mortar is just a plain point and click weapon like the battlerazor now.

It used to be a missile style weapon which tracked (very poorly) and had a good explosion radius but due to the fact that all our non vanilla capital ships lack wireframes they where unfair so they lost splash (another thing screwed because no one makes wireframes for there ships)

Also I think that all houses capital ship weapons should be given a type as it might make the shields apart from Gravitron useful rather than just a waste of space.

Kiggles:mellow:
capship weapons should be given a type anyway - it makes a good difference, especially with such high damage values. in the end, its -20/0/+20 % damage depending on the shield / weapontype. it would make capship combat less predictable.

but i am not sure if thats possible - or fair.