Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loopholes in the System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Alright, lately, it's come to my attention that the system that has been put in place for an official faction's relationship with indies is a flawed system, quite prone to loopholes.

Earlier today, while flying on my 101st, a rather dire incident occured where several Outcast indies (in Dreadnaughts and Gunboats) decided that they no longer wanted to follow the orders of the 101st. So, through some twisted sequence of logic, they decided to shoot us. We managed to quell the threat, and most of the offenders simply logged out.

Another, more common issue is where an indie craft will continually harass one of our vessels, either continually ramming us, or will fire at us -just- to the point where we're a bit above half shield.

Now, this brings to mind two issues. If I understand the most recent iteration of Official Faction Policy, we are:

1) Unable to create a system where Capital Ship usage is restricted

2) Unable to attack an independent vessel until it reaches the threshhold of an "Attack" (over half of our shield depleted)

Quite honestly, this is stupid.

These restrictions make it impossible to properly keep a faction together. The fact that almost anyone can simply buy a capital ship after some inconsequential mission time makes it so that there is no way to make sure that the quality of the gameplay and RP backing up what are supposed to be some of the most important vessels in our fleet stays at an acceptable level. The fact that we cant react to an indie attack until we're already at a severe disadvantage makes it overtly difficult to deal with issues within the indie playerbase.

What I propose:

1) The re-allowance of capital ship regulation systems

2) A more acceptable policy on the engagement of indies.

It would, at the very least, make dealing with conflicts within the indie playerbase easier for Official Factions.

To be honest, I don't get the "People with the same ID can never shoot at each other" part of the rules. Most of the time it just prevents interesting things to happen.

Quote:1) Unable to create a system where Capital Ship usage is restricted

2) Unable to attack an independent vessel until it reaches the threshhold of an "Attack" (over half of our shield depleted)

I agree on those points.
How about restricting indies to shoot at official members at all unless fired on first ?

Should be quite reasonable, most indies being capital ships.
Allow me to ask 2 questions out of pure curiosity and ignorance:

1: Why should indies follow orders of the 101st? Can you point me to the specific rule?

2: What orders were you giving them?
' Wrote:Now, this brings to mind two issues. If I understand the most recent iteration of Official Faction Policy, we are:

1) Unable to create a system where Capital Ship usage is restricted

Then you fail at honesty.
' Wrote:Allow me to ask 2 questions out of pure curiosity and ignorance:

1: Why should indies follow orders of the 101st? Can you point me to the specific rule?

2: What orders were you giving them?

1: To quote the Rights of Official Factions

Quote:RIGHT 2) Official factions have authority over players of the same NPC affiliation, as long as RP justification is provided. This authority applies in forums and in-game, and applies to player faction diplomacy, and strategic and tactical direction. However, exercise of that authority, on the forums and in game, is restricted to official faction members with the rank of the official faction leader and one rank below him/her. The authority may be exercised through the use of in-game in-RP orders, which, if not obeyed, can result in in-game in-RP consequences (arrest, court martial, and even "lethal" force in extreme circumstances). Official Factions cannot, under any cicrumstances, require another player to follow non-canon RP if that player doesn't want to.

2: We were telling the GB to back off from shooting at a laggy fighter, because his missiles had already killed two other indies.
' Wrote:1: To quote the Rights of Official Factions
Actually, that right allows you to order them to do something. Doesn't force them to follow your orders a rule (i.e. they can't be sanctioned for failing to comply). I guess you could enforce it if the order was made in-character though.
' Wrote:Actually, that right allows you to order them to do something. Doesn't force them to follow your orders a rule. I guess you could enforce it if the order was made in-character though.

I don't think he's pissed because they refused to follow the order. I think he's pissed because they decided to shoot at them.
' Wrote:Actually, that right allows you to order them to do something. Doesn't force them to follow your orders a rule. I guess you could enforce it if the order was made in-character though.

It was made in both an OOC manner and an inRP manner.
' Wrote:It was made in both an OOC manner and an inRP manner.
Quote:if not obeyed, can result in in-game in-RP consequences (arrest, court martial, and even "lethal" force in extreme circumstances).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5