Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More of Eppy's Computer Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good lord, I need, like, a big sign to hang on my firewall that says Damsell in Distress... for some reason, I can no longer take Screenshots in-game. I press Printscreen, the game lags for a second, and I continue shooting. Then I open up FLShots. Nuttin' there. I have a FreelancerShots folder, but it has nothing in it, meaning all those pretty kills I've been getting for the last month or so aren't there. Any idea why, and how I can fix it?
Why? No clue, never happened to me with FL, though I suspect a slow degradation in the protocols that make Freelancer work (complete guess). Either that, or you're looking in the wrong folder...

How to fix it? Possibly uninstall, delete all the leftover folders, then reinstall and re-run FLMM with disco. That may solve it...
Check in your settings where you have them set to save to and/or make sure you don't have FRAPS on.

EDIT : another thing, does Print screen work outside of the game?
Your game lags, so the screenshot works... my guess would be that the link between FL and its protocol to write the image on a certain location...

Have you juggled around with your graphic card drivers or something? if not then i simply suggest a complete (including folders and reg-keys) wipe and reinstall of FL with Disco...

PS: Is your hard-drive full xD!!!! (would be kewl though)
if you have time do a system search for screen*.BMP

see if you find em that way.
take pictures with Xfire
' Wrote:take pictures with Xfire

Yeah good idea.They're automatically hosted on the net.
Though...many are complaining about Xfire often crashing their game...and I'm one of them:P
make sure you have defrag the computer and also check the settings of the folder make sure it is not READ ONLY
' Wrote:Yeah good idea.They're automatically hosted on the net.
Though...many are complaining about Xfire often crashing their game...and I'm one of them:P

Heh, same here. Outside of FL PrtSc copies the screen onto the clipboard, so you can only take one at a time.
Okay, I tried the total reinstall. I refuse to use Xfire, the only reason I got it was because Denelo's Parental Units don't allow him to have Skype:dry:How do you change the location it's written to? I didn't know that was even possible, maybe that's it. Also, I can still paste screenies from ingame to paint. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Pages: 1 2