Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "Cannot participate in any unlawful actions"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me specifically if the following constitutes an 'unlawful action' according to that wording on my ID:

A trader carrying the odd cargo that might be a bit illegal for a couple of hops of his journey, but not for most of it. I assume this is an 'unlawful action' but am I abusing the ID sanction-wise or are there just RP consequences if I get caught?

Thanks!
Depends what trader ID he had and what he was trading, and where.
"Cannot participate in unlawful actions" means you cannot pirate, nor sit on a tradelane next to a pirate while he pirates cargo for you.

Smuggling doesn't count as an unlawful action on the IDs
' Wrote:Depends what trader ID he had and what he was trading, and where.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Lets say a Zoner Guard carying counterfeit software for example.
Yeah you can do that. No problem rule-wise, just expect RP consequences.
' Wrote:Smuggling doesn't count as an unlawful action on the IDs

Some Corporate IDs can get sanctioned for smuggling certain illegal goods in certain spaces, but I think the repninjas to unlawful factions pretty much fixed that.

' Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

That's pretty much legal, as the Zoners don't have many laws regarding contraband, they only refuse to trade slaves. And they exist outside of the laws of the houses, unless they find themselves there somehow. In that situation, report it to the house they were in, for RP concequences, not a rule violation report.

So that line on the ID pretty much only means that they can't pirate, or help pirates directly, or attack lawfuls.
Thanks everyone.
' Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

Thats a perfectly fine cargo for Zoner Guard. You can buy it on Zoner base,and sell on another. Though if traveling through House space you still can be shot for ilegal cargo.Their laws rule,in their space.
Come and join Samura, we will show you how to not be held back by that line.