Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The codes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im sure that most of you know the best guns for fighters aka Codes.
Where can i even get those guns by myself without buying from anyone else.
Just need a lil advice.
Would be thankful.
You need to search for remote wrecks...The codes are usually on wrecks that are in the most dangerous of places...When I first started on disco I was able to get a full loadout of codes just from exploring everywhere.
Just saying,
But, while codes may do the most damage...they aren't the best weapons... they are rather slow, have horrible refire, and use a whole lot of energy.
they are good for some tasks and ship classes... but completely useless for other....

.. 2.00 refire is not "horrible" ;)
@ Laser: I think you will find them in Sirius, not on earth in the forums.
Exploration, Exploration and Exploration and the hope no one was coming before you since the last server reboot.

They are the best weapons, because you can easily change a few of them into a bomber.:P

Respectful
AoM
Well at the prices certain Wilson takes for them.. you could change a pair of them for a Cruiser :P
Also remember that Codies are existant everywhere because they reappear at the wrecks after every server refresh.

So if you don't find them once(someone else took them) just come back some other time.
when you are in the game
Press F6
If you see a red X on your map, there is a wreck there. Shoot the wreck to get the code.
What does a wreck look like? go to Nomad Jump holes in alpha and gamma to see what you are supposed to see in F6.

and good luck
Thanks a lot for everyone who replied.
The last post made it all clear for me. :D
oh, btw, listen to rumors in the bars. some of them give hints about the location of some wrecks. For example, at a freeport base, a bounty hunter can tell you something like:

"A bounty hunter named J. Stephenson was famed for killing many Outcasts. I heard they set a trap for her in the Bermejo Cloud." (I can't remember the names off the top of my head, so forgive any mistakes in the names of ppl/places).

This is one of the hints that npcs can give you in the game. If you don't believe me, fly to the Bermejo Cloud yourself and try to find the wrecked bounty hunter fighter. If you find it, select it and press F9. It will bring up an infocard saying:

"This wrecked bounty hunter fighter is registered under J. Stephenson." just like what the bounty hunter in the bar said.

I tried not to give out too much info about what system it's in. I still wanted you to try to find it for yourself.