Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello Everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody. I am very excited to see that Freelancer still is running after all these years. I'm glad to return to Sirius and I'm especially excited about the Discovery mod. I remember playing it when it was just the first version but unfortunately my computer at the time couldn't really handle it.

I do have a question if someone could answer it or point me to the correct forum. It's a graphical problem, some of the planets I see are "invisible". I am able to see their atmospheres and a faint image of a planet but no terrain. I am able to see "through" these planets. If anyone has the slightest idea of what I am talking about I would appreciate the help or at least point me to the correct forum to address this problem.:D
Welcome back to Discovery, William! I hope you enjoy your time here.
Don't forget to read the rules!
Remember, if you need help, post here on the forums.

As for your graphics issue, go and check out the Discovery RP 24/7 Tutorials & Support forum, or the RP 24/7 Help Requests forum.
yo.
(oops, double post)
Quote:Discovery RP 24/7 Tutorials & Support forum, or the RP 24/7 Help Requests
Links Fix'd. *Grins.*

Welcome once again to Disco. Now with non-pixelated Capships. Well. Slightly less pixelated, at any rate.

With your graphics issue, can you actually select the planets? I'd guess you're missing some files, so it might have to be a reinstall... Always fun.

Anyway; enjoy your stay, and I'll see you in space.

- Commissar
Welcome,have fun...details=high
werss' brief explaination of the problem seems to be along the lines of what I was thinking. A problem similar to this one somethimes occurs when your graphics settings are brought down to the low levels. All kinds of things change, for example some ships will lose their textures and far away objects will be made invisible after a certain distance.

So give it a go and bring up your settings a bit, if the problem's still there then you may want to try commisar's suggestion.

All the best.
Welcome aboard!
I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
yo
' Wrote:yo.
Pages: 1 2