Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junkers and Gallia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have looked in the wiki and the forums, and couldn't find anything relevant related to the Junkers and the Galic government.

I know their origins are Gallic and they are even marked as lawful in Gallia, also read somewhere that they could be responsible for the gate and lane technology in Gallia, but what is exactly their role with the royalists?
Are they like some sort of spy organization disguised as junkers fetching info and techs form all Sirius, or Gallic government agents use the junkers to go from place to place?

TL;DR:
Are the Gallic junkers directly controlled by the gallic government like a spy agency in disguise, or are they only a pro-royalist organization which the government uses to place agents throughout Sirius?
' Wrote:only a pro-royalist organization which the government uses to place agents throughout Sirius
Junkers are still fairly neutral in Gallia, although they tend to have less of the unlawful connotation compared to their Sirian counterparts. Junkers themselves are not directly controlled by the Royalists, but because they were the first to explore outside Gallic space, they happened to grab some of the Sirian tech and feed back some information in the process. One man's trash is a French man's treasure, y'know. The Royalists ended up grabbing this and working with the Junkers in this manner, but that's about the extent of it.

If the Junkers are a secret spy organization, then Arch help us all. They're not nearly that important to Gallia's external security. At least not anymore.
Junkers are like Junkers in any other house, inside of Gallia.

They're not treated like sub-humans like in most of Sirius, they're largely ignored. They clean up Gallia and don't cause any mess. And thanks to the Maquis, they don't get on too well with the unlawfuls, and prefer generally not to mess with the GRP or GRN.

Cept the Junkers in Gallia care more about Gallia, and less about Sirius, and are willing to stay on good terms with Gallia by giving them info and tech from Sirius.

It's not uncommon for the Gallic Government to use Junkers as cover to spy in Sirius though. Dress up like them and hang out in their bases, go to Sirius, write down all you need, go back to work next day with info for King's forces.
Thanks for the answers, they work as I thought they do. Looks to me like a good part of junker RP is ignored, guess it has to do with lack of activity in Gallia.
Quote:TL;DR:
Are the Gallic junkers directly controlled by the gallic government like a spy agency in disguise, or are they only a pro-royalist organization which the government uses to place agents throughout Sirius?

I would say: a pro-royalist organization which the government uses to place agents throughout Sirius

Quote:Looks to me like a good part of junker RP is ignored, guess it has to do with lack of activity in Gallia.

Yes indeed. You can be doing great Junker RP stuff in Gallia but if no one is there to witness it, then it doesn't matter. The 4-bomber NPC squads rightly scare most people away.

If you have a Junker ship and are looking for some RP ideas of stuff to do in Gallia relating to your topic here, how about these:
  • Transport Gate/Lane Parts from Pueblo, Colorado or Gate Construction Site, Tau-23 to Briancon Station in Dauphine.
  • Carry Nuclear Devices from Helgoland Station, Sigma-13 to Battleship Beauvray in Burgundy.
  • Buy Advanced Cargo Scanners and Enhanced Thrusters at Barrier Gate, Coronado, take them to Gallia, sell to the local Gallic pilots for their ships. (These items are not available at the bases within Gallia).
Thanks for the tip, the rp idea I have is not with junkers, but is related to them, and maybe cooperating with them directly.

Quote:Buy Advanced Cargo Scanners and Enhanced Thrusters at Barrier Gate, Coronado, take them to Gallia, sell to the local Gallic pilots for their ships. (These items are not available at the bases within Gallia).

wut? really?
Advanced Cargo Scanner isn't available, but the Enhanced Thruster is.