Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah, what a surprise, Korny goes trading. Never done it before apart from some easy smuggling runs. Now that I finally have a reason for trading apart from making good profit, Roleplay that is, I decided to get myself a 5k Transport and hit the roads.

Now, I'm kind of frustrated because I just can't seem to figure out any routes that are more profitable than my old smuggling Route. (Software to Casablanca and Munitions back to McMurray)

I hope some of You people can help me a little, if you don't want to spread your stuff around You can PM me as well.

That'd be all, thanks in advance.

(My character's part of Interspace, just saying)
Gold ores!
' Wrote:Gold ores!

Forgot to mention, please nothing like that. I hate to be dependent on paranoid people in Hegemons.
Basically hauling ore will make more then route mentioned. But all legal routes will pay about the same,or less. Thats why people keep yelling that they nerfed trade routes. All pay pretty much the same now. RP,and non RP routes.
Thats the reason i mine scrap with my junker.Pays same as trading,but atleast i get some RP from it. I think admins made it so no route pays more then 40mil an hour(not 100% on the number). Plus to many stupid players would find a high pay route,and brag about on forum,and next day would be gone.
Best bet is to buy ore from miners,and haul that,or mine yourself. It is boring as crap,but pays more then trading.
Buying ore from Miners is something I really want to avoid. Y'know, it really seems that the only profitable run these days is the freaking gold ore run. First of all, it's boring as hell, second thing is that I would like to avoid Dublin as well.

There must be something else than hauling ore.
Hauling Silver Ore, or Uncut Diamonds?

I mined my own ore for my transport in Dublin.

Haven't really kept up with trading except in Gallia (where you might not want to go), and the ALG- but my favourite runs for them were murdered horribly when the trade routes were updated.
Running the blockades.
Superconductors from denver to base in Stuttgart,pop to O-11 Solaris station,and bring diamonds back. But that is almost same as smuggling.Base in stuttgart i cannot remember. Last base before O-7.
Can haul ore for miners in O-7,and tau-23 to. But same as Dublin. Lots of lolwuts,and 0 RP most times.
Basically with all these Imbargo's from every Player faction,just about any trade route is smuggling now.
Lots of non Imbargo goods will also get you shot,as to many navy pilots from all houses will shoot you just for coming from that direction,or having a ship from an enemy house. Vanila be dammed now. The Lawful factions will shoot and tax you more then pirates.
It is truly sad i know. But smuggling ilegal goods is safer these days. Pirates will let smugglers pass in most cases,but legal goods you will get pirated by both lawful,and unlawful players. Lawful usually with less RP,unless a faction player is in area.
If you're flying a Shetland, sign up for Gateway. We've got quite a few good routes.

Srsly though. Superconductors, MOX, Engine Components, Ship Pannels, High Temp Alloys (if you aren't taking house laws into account: Nuclear Devices and Military Vehicles.) Check the "heavy" stuff RP-wise and you'll find they have good buy/sale prices. If you're trading for the money though, don't bother; just haul ore. :sleep:
It's kind of sad to see that there's obviously no balance between having fun RP'ing a trader and making a good profit that's worth your time.
I've had plenty of fun RPing my traders. Interspace is just a bit rubbish (in my uneducated opinion).
Pages: 1 2 3