Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A question!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question and I think it's a very good one.

I run a Freelancer ID/IFF Trader and I go to Barrier Gate Station on the odd occasion to get stuff.

I only noticed today, while looking for something I could take TO Barrier Gate Station, that BSG doesn't show up in my trade list.

This is odd, because everywhere else that I have docked at does, even the Corsair Battleship FES in O-47 shows up on that list, even though it doesn't show on radar until you are almost on top of it.

I'm fairly sure that BSG shows up in the station list on the map. I need to check that.

Why doesn't it show up in the 'trade' list?

Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation why?

edit: yes, BSG *does* show up on the station list in the map..... THREE TIMES! I'm guessing this has something to do with why it doesn't show up on the trade list.
Yes. I have noticed theres 2 or 3 bits to it. Try docking with them all and see if that works. I think they all class as seperate stations.
' Wrote:Yes. I have noticed theres 2 or 3 bits to it. Try docking with them all and see if that works. I think they all class as seperate stations.

Yes there *are* 3 stations there, built into the one structure.

I have docked at all of them at different times, from memory you can buy the same equipment at all three, but the trade areas are different.

It has been a while since I have docked at all three in the same session though, so I can't be sure.

Still, my original question stands.
What do you mean by your "trade list"? You mean that list you get on a commodity's infocard with a list of bases and the price of the commodity at each base?
' Wrote:What do you mean by your "trade list"? You mean that list you get on a commodity's infocard with a list of bases and the price of the commodity at each base?

I mean the list of places that comes up in the lower console when you click a commodity in the trade centre of a station.

It *should* have every place you have ever docked AND how much the commodity is worth there.
It's a vital tool for traders, it's no good buying something at one place then traveling right across Sirius to find that you have made a total loss on your cargo.