Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need some inRP info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, out of curiostity i've skimmed over the nomad lore but there are some things i wanna ask, cuz i don't
know if it's up to date (shame on me, i know...).

Telekinesis on energy (can i call it that?):

According to the lore Nomads are able to activate any Jump Gate by altering the energy levels in the circuits of the gate itself.
Does this work in reverse as well? Meaning, IF they wanna capture an enemy, are they able
to change the energy levels in a ship? Power down the shields, energy core and such? I don't ask this
game-mechanics-wise, i'm asking this RP-wise. And if they could do that, within what range would this work?
Weapons range or just visible range. Or maybe both of them are required?

Scanning and targeting:

How does human target systems work? Are they locking on the target's energy traces?
How does nomad target systems work? Same as human systems but with the difference that they can
actually "feel" the target's energy? Or do they simply lock on the pilot's thoughts? I mean what do
nomads use for combat? Locking on energy, thoughts, both?

Why am i asking this:

Let's say human pilot Bob discovered a unknown jumphole and enters a nomad system. Bob get's scared,
cuz nomads attacked him but he manages to escape deeper into the system. He powerdown his systems
and drifts through until he finds a way out (like EK). Are the nomads still able to pinpoint his position
by locking on his thoughts?

If they can, do they have to get in a certain range, or can Nomads sence his presence through the whole
system (which i don't believe)? If not, is it possible that Bob can leave the system cuz he had a ridiculous
amount of luck? (EKing through nomad system, no Nomad within 15K, no further encounters).

Again, don't think game-mechanics-wise. Think RP-wise. Is it possible? Discuss and if someone knows better
please correct me.:D