Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need an opinion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's fine in my book.

You choose the equipment on your ship.

You can choose to buy an MR instead, or a CD.
It's up to you.
If someone has your shield down, with you on low enough health to get killed by a CD, then you're gunna die no matter what they do, unless they sit there and let you cruise off. I don't see it as a problem.
its perfectly fine. he was just crying imo
It's np. One of cd purpose as weapon is to kill doding low armor targets without much effort : )
Choosing the right equipment requires some kind of knowledge and experience so it's skill-based.
' Wrote:Ok, here's what happened. A duel in Connecticut. Both me an my opponent are with some 2% hull. Then...

Death: him was put out of action by me(Wasp/Hornet).
[25.02.2011 17:28:22]me: epic
[25.02.2011 17:28:26]him: cd spamming is a good tactic.
[25.02.2011 17:28:31]me:D
[25.02.2011 17:28:35]him: but it's not fair:(
[25.02.2011 17:28:44]me: u has ur MR
[25.02.2011 17:28:49]me: don't complain:D
[25.02.2011 17:29:00]him: it is fair to hit opponent with guns and your own aiming

And so on. Of course, it wasn't my fighting skills to make the difference here, rather the choice of equipment, but that's a skill as well, if you ask me. What do you folkes think?

By the way..please, no trolling/flamming/accusations and so on....the usual:D

Hmm, sounds like you had a better load out for your fighting style than your opponent did.

Also, it is fairly obvious that you knew the capabilities of your equipment, always a big plus in a fight when it comes down to the bone.

Using a CD to as an 'offensive weapon' isn't a conventional tactic, but then, it seems the guy who is willing to think 'outside the box' will win, just because it is so unexpected.

I can guarantee that your opponent *will* remember that move and may even use it if they get into a similar situation.

Seriously, it doesn't matter if it's fair or not, you were using equipment that everyone can get their hands on, they just didn't think of it first.
Basically this just sounds like the same old song:

I killed you, I'm so l337!
You killed me, you CHEATED!

Kiddies and juveniles, life doesn't have a respawn button unless you count the one on the defibrilator. Combat is part of RP, and you can either learn from your defeat, or you can be doomed to always repeat yourself.
[24.02.2011 23:55:01] Death: <Someone in Conn> was put out of action by aerelm (Wasp/Hornet).
[24.02.2011 23:55:03] aerelm: gf
[24.02.2011 23:55:12] <Someone in Conn>: that was cheap with the cd and me out of cms..
Problem is... People don't see CD as a weapon, while it has that hull damage for a reason. I don't see how it isn't "cheap" for the opponent to use Missile/Torp while I'm out of CMs, or even worse, when the opponent is a GB/Cap with unlimited missiles, but I'm the fighter with only 70 CMs. Then when I gun down another fighter's hull down to so little that even CDs would kill him, and then use a couple of CDs left and fire 2 or 3 just to finish him off before his shield comes back up while I'm still turning, I'm suddenly acting "cheap".

Is it lame to fire a cannonball on someone who has 20% hull left to finish them off? CD is the same deal, just because I don't use it for the purpose that its name suggest doesn't mean I'm "Cheap", maybe it means I'm being "Creative", no?
' Wrote:
[24.02.2011 23:55:01] Death: <Someone in Conn> was put out of action by aerelm (Wasp/Hornet).
[24.02.2011 23:55:03] aerelm: gf
[24.02.2011 23:55:12] <Someone in Conn>: that was cheap with the cd and me out of cms..
Problem is... People don't see CD as a weapon, while it has that hull damage for a reason. I don't see how it isn't "cheap" for the opponent to use Missile/Torp while I'm out of CMs, or even worse, when the opponent is a GB/Cap with unlimited missiles, but I'm the fighter with only 70 CMs. Then when I gun down another fighter's hull down to so little that even CDs would kill him, and then use a couple of CDs left and fire 2 or 3 just to finish him off before his shield comes back up while I'm still turning, I'm suddenly acting "cheap".

Is it lame to fire a cannonball on someone who has 20% hull left to finish them off? CD is the same deal, just because I don't use it for the purpose that it's name suggest doesn't mean I'm "Cheap", maybe it means I'm being 'creative', no?
You actually won, therefore you are lame.
That's what most people think.
I got people complaining on me in Conn (and I'm not even decent in PvP) because I do 80% of my kills with nukes, because I spam MCDs, because I have 70 ms lag, and so on.

Don't pay attention to people who complain because they can't kill you. That's a general advice.
I actually prefer losing rather than winning in PVP, that way I get to learn my enemies' winning strategies and the ability to adapt and counter them.

You learn more when you lose.
Pages: 1 2