Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Could be gone by end of month now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Aye it is going to be quite a tough ride, even before I get in. Though I'm not going to cheat, hell no. I'll be wearing a badge of pride and honor that is the British Army rank.

Its not a badge, its a bloody hard earned right!
' Wrote:But Jack is a paratrooper on naval ship hunting Somali 2MILORDAI pirates. he has little reason to run 8-|

That's beside the point. He could be sent anywhere in the world. In an uncertain situation where he may find himself up against an endurance challenge like this, he's going to need to be physically up to the mark.

Paratrooper on a naval ship? Are you sure?

Because if (and i'm not pointing the finger on purpose) someone finds difficulty in meeting that 1.5 mile deadline. Then i'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it to deployment after going up against the 9 mile speed march target completion time of 90 minutes for the marine corps.
Well at the moment I make the pass mark, but I want to be faster. I've got to be, I may be shot at one day, and I've gotta be strong and fast. So I guess I best get used to pumping me legs and arms.
If you want a tip or two, you want to work on your stamina. Maintaining that speed makes things alot more straight forward. So if your hitting the gym, weights are all well and good, but you'l want to focus on the runners and rowers. Rowing machines are brilliant at pushing your capacity for stamina.
Hmm, been a very long time since I've been on a rowing machine... I think my uncle has one. Once he hears the news I think I'll be able to coax him in letting me use the gym with him, so he has a training buddy then.

Though I need to work on upper body strength badly, its gotten better but its still a long way off. I'm focusing on stamina for now with some side strength training.
' Wrote:That's beside the point. He could be sent anywhere in the world. In an uncertain situation where he may find himself up against an endurance challenge like this, he's going to need to be physically up to the mark.

Paratrooper on a naval ship? Are you sure?

Because if (and i'm not pointing the finger on purpose) someone finds difficulty in meeting that 1.5 mile deadline. Then i'm pretty sure they wouldn't make it to deployment after going up against the 9 mile speed march target completion time of 90 minutes for the marine corps.

There is a helicopter on that naval unit, in this case the Maestrale. A missile frigate.
We are the assigned crew for that helicopter. And after two months our service is over, and another squad will give the change to us.

And there was a reason if I cheated, but I assure you that my current body structure can stand more than 3 kilometers without any kind of cheating.

Also, good luck Fletcher. Maybe we'll see eachother in some remote part of the world.
Quote:Mother does not like army, not one bit.
Neither did my mother but after the Army served as a springboard to a great backround, I never once heard her complain, even AFTER serving in a combat tour of duty during Operation Desert Storm back in 1991.

Don't worry, Fletcher, she'll get over it in time.

Oh yeah, best of luck and always remember......

101st Airborne Division Rocks!
Good luck Fletch, keep your head down and grit the teeth and youll do fine in basic.
Ounce you have some time under your belt i am sure your family will see that it was a good move and made you a better person.
Ubique quo fas et Gloria du ****, everywhere where right and glory lead !!!

Edit: seems the forums dont like latin:)
Oh by the way, while looking in another thread, am I able to take personal belongings? I strongly doubt they'll let me take my PC but maybe my DS or a book or something.
Good luck mate. I was going to drive truck in afganistan, but alas even that being non military i would have to pass a fitness test. Physical Strength i wouldn't worry to much about.I am 200pounds of mostly muscle,but no way in hell at my age i got the stamina. I envy you younger folk sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4