Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see an enemy coming at 14k in a gunboat. I decide to switch to a slightly (way) bigger ship to fight. He calls this against the rules because I had seen him, but a shot wasn't fired. (I ended up switching back just in case).

Was what I did against the rules?
when you are a trader, you must not dock your trader and go for the pirate in a capship. thats the rule i know. if you are a fighter - and switch to a gunboat...... that happens to be right where you docked - and roleplaywise the same character... maybe possible.

but the thought behind that is - that you can t make a bigger ship battleready in such a short time. but thats up to perception. people switch ships when they see "something coming" in chatlog. they dock their traders - and swap to their figthers for defending a totally different place as a totally different person. some people swap thier ship to something stronger - some to something weaker ... so its not overkilling.
...Also makes you a coward...sort of:P...The goal ain't winning,but RPing.Right?
Yeah... try charging a couple fleets in nothing but a Sabre. Gets old, and I was sick and tired of being owned by people toting gunboats, cruisers, and battleships around...
Only at 14k? There isn't anything wrong with that in my opinion. As long as the ship is flown by the same character, both are docked on the same base, and he didn't get a lock, then fine.

This was talked about awhile back, there was never a solid rule on it, just people complaining about it constantly because they all ended up dieing. One of the big thing of have characters fly multiple ships is for reasons like this one, if you can't do that, what's the point?

So ya, you're fine from my own point of view.
Lol i must laugh to this, "slightly bigger ship?"

You changed from bomber(or fighter) to BB

And i was on 7k when u landed on Malta...

Im not flaming you or anything, just so you know...

But there were 2 bomber and you against my GB and u switched to BB, not to mention those 50 NPCs...
Yeah, it was Giovanni, and he can (at least I assume, Eppy back me up here) take temporary command of the Fantasia, which is what he was doing. At least I hope he can...

And they were both Sabres, Tic.
Well,cap-whoring ain't your fault if you're in the Sabre...So don't become them...Keep the 'honour' you still have left.If those guys have any honour at all,they won't attack a puny Sabre with a whole f-ing fleet.Though,from what you said,they have no honour at all:P...Just don't turn into them...it's not worth it.If they wanna cap-whore then leave 'em be!:)

EDIT: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...so Tic was the guy...:dry:.No comment.
This falls into the big gaping hole where a clear definition of "engagement" should be.

Since that recent sanction pertaining to a player who was shot at but never fired a return shot switching ships, I have no clue what constitutes an engagement that locks a player into the ship that they are already using.

Is it being in scanner range?

Is it being within weapons range (and does that mean CD's or just guns).

Does it require one person firing shots?

Does it require shots actually damaging shields, or only shots being fired in the general direction?

I have no clue.

Until we get a definite definition of when an engagement actually begins, we will be learning the hard way from reading sanction reports.

I count engagement as shots being fired... which is why I figured it was alright. Anyway, server crashed, he came back and we beat on him a lot, without any battleships. And in case he mixes a battleship and cruiser up, that was a RoS Cruiser, not battleship.
Pages: 1 2 3