Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unlawfuls mining ore.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mollys get the same mining boost as BMM

Well, they did
I think it would be very interesting to see.
I think that would only make sense for pirate groups whose vanilla RP is based in the mining industry (ie. Mollys and Hessians... and Corsairs for artifact fields). I just can't see an Outcast being interested in grinding away his/her excessively long life span in an asteroid field shooting at rocks. Somehow I think they would find the task "beneath" them.

Plus, isn't that already the case for those pirate groups? I know it is for Mollys.
They'd simply sit silently right next to each other until one side is bored and decides to rob the other. And from that point on they'll instantly rob each other when the opportunity arises, preferably kicking the other side out of the field for 4 hours so they can mine unharassed. That's the same that happened in O-7 when the IMG miners moved in.
I spent more time in Omega 11 shooting Hessian hegemons with my dacite, than I do shooting rocks. They had a sizeable mining boost right outside their own guard system (balancefail imo).
' Wrote:Mollys get the same mining boost as BMM
Mollies <strike>get</strike> got a x3.0 Gold bonus vs x4.0 for BMM. IMG gets 3.0 as well. The south part of the Arranmore field with higher yields should likely be moved a little further from the Arranmore base.
Hessians <strike>get</strike> got a x2.5 Uncut Diamonds bonus vs x3.0 for Daumann. The position of their guard system jumphole is indeed not chosen wisely in regards to the mining grounds - but a simple relocation of that jumphole should sort that out.

Other factions that probably should get some mining bonus:
- Corsairs: Artifacts.
- Zoners/BHG (through the Independent Miner ID with proper IFF perhaps?): Iridium

Outcast niobium bonus is sketchy, as it is potentially exploitable. The most wealthy niobium field is located a jump away from their home planet in Tau 37. With a Junker transport on standby there's even a shortcut available through Outcast space to New Berlin, which could result in a low risk, high profit scenario. IMG typically doesn't go to Tau 37 anymore, since it's just too damn close to Outcast space.

Well, Mollies had a nice mining bonus. Also, Hessians used to have 2.5, while Daumann 3.00 on Diamonds. Slightly lower, but the roleplay possibilities and coolness is worth it :cool:
Well ye, we had a lot of mining going on in O11 as Hessians. However, so many daumanns around made us mine them more than rocks.
So that all server whould go to shoot rocks? No thanks.
I mine as unlawful, but usually you don't have to shoot rocks, you shoot hegemon and 3000 ore units pop out in one drop.
Pages: 1 2 3