Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Luis. Renzu ships.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You whipped up some models. That's rad. But what's up with modelers around here getting to the point in the development arch why they put their bit up for display, collect the fourty + positive reviews and then abandon the work to move onto the next fourty + positive reviews project which is doomed to be abandoned in turn.

We have some damn ugly homeworld ships. You came pretty close to having something which is ready to rock and roll. Then you went on to producing some other ships for the MM. Then you were producing some RHA caps.

You have to understand where the rest of us are coming from.

1) Wasupu.

6 guns. Eagle like.

[Image: 254px-Wasupu-s.png]

Use:

[Image: 14-1.png]

2) Touketsu/Saishi

5 guns. VHF. Good mini platform. Replace with the VHF./Useless HF. Replace with the Bomber.

[Image: 254px-Touketsu-s.png] [Image: 254px-Ki-s.png]

Use:

[Image: R-1.png]

The bomber could use some tweaks. A rollbar might be a better torp system. Take a leaf from the GMG or Farmer bomber maybe. The little tubes underneath don't really seem to fit the bill. Maybe buff a section where the wings meet the body. Myself I think a rollbar might come closer to the idea of one ship being modified to to the job of another. Maybe a double rollbar, one beneath and one above.

3) That leaves:

[Image: 254px-Anki-s.png]

Big 'ol freighter. Nice little bird. Needs a new model.

And

[Image: 254px-Ki-s.png]

I have no use for LFs myself. Maybe someone else does. Be nice to kill the HW model.

I'm not being a hater. But it's frustrating to see a project which would really benefit the server be taken up by someone who abandons it a while later for reasons which are ill defined, only to pursue another project for similarly vague reasons. I know you're not held to it. No one's paying you a dime.

But it seems like moving on with the project or declaring it dead would be the right thing to do. At least so someone else could pick up the torch.

The new models do indeed look nice. I didn't know that the project has been abandoned, though.
Don't change Wasupu please. :\
The Wasupu is not a homeworld import, it just has a... questionable texturing job. But fixing textures is something best done seperately, the model itself doesn't require a fix.

Why not resize the replacement model you made for the Wasupu and make the Arrow replacement out of it? The thing looks sleek, light-fighter like. Arrow's meant mainly for racing and chasing.

Bomber: Integrate the torpedo tubes in the forward/middle section of the wing, next to those inlets. Where currently that gap is. Looks a lot better that way I think.

I'll dig through old rejected hitboxing projects to see if there's anything viable for the freighter, perhaps after a resize.
' Wrote:You whipped up some models. That's rad. But what's up with modelers around here getting to the point in the development arch why they put their bit up for display, collect the fourty + positive reviews and then abandon the work to move onto the next fourty + positive reviews project which is doomed to be abandoned in turn.
This.
I've even put some of the modelers on ignore because I don't want to be teased with pretty models twice a week that will never get in game. I just can't take it anymore.
I have to agree, and it isn't just Luis. Quit teasing us with project you never complete. Luis, you've got some amazing work posted and I'd love to see it in the game. Run some of this through to completion, please sir.
Please keep Ki,
Maybe make it look of higher quality but please keep the shape and miniguns in the middle:cool:
What about the Mafic? It feels left out.:(
One fight at a time.
I think I can speak for Luis here, a big part of the problem is we always get requests from all over the place to do new ships. Finish new projects, start new things. It's hard to stick with an entire line after you have made one or two ships from it, you are ready to move on to one of the other 5 to 6 projects you've been requested to do.

Secondly, it hards to work on ships you don't feel will get in game. The process is getting very strict, and I know myself if there is any type of bickering about who gets what ship and weather or not the dev team is going to let it get in game I drop the project as soon as I can. I know Luis and I have spent a ton of time on ships that will never see a day in game, so unless (I'm assuming Luis feels the same) I get a go head and green light from the dev team I will always stop a project before I get into Texturing, Hardpointing, CMP, and Hitbox. Because these are the hardest parts. Creating the model is fun, texturing can be fun, but the stuff that comes afterwards is a headache. It's long hours of doing things that don't really make sense all the time trying to get something to work perfectly then it ends up getting stuck to collect dust on your desktop because it didn't get approval.

Also it's getting to the point where I don't think new ships are accepted anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3