Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunter - Zoner relations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Have a little question here- why, despite of the fact that in Freelancer lore bounty hunters are always operating from Zoner freeports, being the only ones who offer missions there, Zoner tech is red for the Hunters in Tech chart, placing the Guild in same place as Gallic, Nomad, and Bretonian (<<< Does this have something to do with Omega-49?) factions, and a few Kusari pirate factions.

Is it somehow connected with any RP event by the Core? Cause I kinda can't see ANY logic behind this.
Only logic I can think of is that the Zoners hump the leg of the Order, so the BHG don't like to rely on thier tech.
plus the tension between dabarodu and fp11, and the incident in delta. they were in open conflict a few months back, you know.
If vanilla Freelancer info cards it makes it clear that the BHG and Zoners have a friendly relationship. Many Zoners who can't abide the Zoner life style or conditions become Hunters for the guild. Its one of the main reasons I thought the BHG war against Zoners was meh.

In reality Zoner tech should be white across the board.
tech chart is red based on several things:

- there is an alliance between zoners and the order. it is not perfectly clear if that alliance is publicly known or secret - but to the players ... it is obvious.

- the BHG core demanded to have the order banned from using freeports, because they suspected the order to stage alleged attacks from those. - no matter how it was inRP/proven or not... the result was that the core applied a unilateral "limited war" against the zoners, which up to that day - has not officially been resolved.

- when the BHG core and the corsairs engaged in a "no aggression pact" - it was a time of great tensions. the order or parts of the order openly supported zoners against aggressors.

- when several months ago - a massive keeper fleet appeared near fp11 - the BHG core retreated while the order assisted in the defense - further estranging the bhg core from the zoners.

keep in mind:

the original "pact" between the bhg and the zoners is a mutual defense pact. - bhg, who do not run stations themselves are allowed to stage from said freeports and NOT cause any trouble. for that service, they provide policeforce duties and low level security duties.

only if that mutual agreement is upheld, the tech-sharing may be white. once one side makes too many demands - the tech-sharing turns red, cause there is NO real friendship between the two factions - just an agreement of a mutually beneficial situation.
' Wrote:In reality Zoner tech should be <strike>white</strike> red across the board.

THAT is neutrality.

IMO
' Wrote:THAT is neutrality.
IMO

Being red across the board goes against all the lore and role play that is established. If Zoners were the kind of neutral that didn't give anything to anybody, only Zoners would be allowed Zoner stations and they wouldn't be called Freeports.
' Wrote:Have a little question here- why, despite of the fact that in Freelancer lore bounty hunters are always operating from Zoner freeports, being the only ones who offer missions there, Zoner tech is red for the Hunters in Tech chart, placing the Guild in same place as Gallic, Nomad, and Bretonian (<<< Does this have something to do with Omega-49?) factions, and a few Kusari pirate factions.

Is it somehow connected with any RP event by the Core? Cause I kinda can't see ANY logic behind this.

The Bounty Hunters mostly operated in Texas, Manchester and Shikoku in Vanilla, to be quite honest, from House owned bases which lent them ofices for their oganisation.
' Wrote:The Bounty Hunters mostly operated in Texas, Manchester and Shikoku in Vanilla, to be quite honest, from House owned bases which lent them ofices for their oganisation.

From what I remember, 3 most commonly met factions in Omegas and Omicrons were - Corsairs from their bases, Outcasts from their bases, and Bounty Hunters from Zoner freeports.

Thanks all for clearing this up, especially Jinx. (Im kinda new to the server so I dont know about many events in the past).

P.S. As a Bounty Hunter, I love Core more and more each second. :)
' Wrote:From what I remember, 3 most commonly met factions in Omegas and Omicrons were - Corsairs from their bases, Outcasts from their bases, and Bounty Hunters from Zoner freeports.

Thanks all for clearing this up, especially Jinx. (Im kinda new to the server so I dont know about many events in the past).

P.S. As a Bounty Hunter, I love Core more and more each second. :)

But then again, said Bounty Hunters respected the No Fire Zones, and Corsairs and Outcasts also use their (Zoner's) installations.
Pages: 1 2 3