Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:What about translating the RP server rules into a few of the more significant languages?
What? Are you saying that there are significant languages in addition to English? [/ugly American]
If the rules were translated, we would have to very clearly state, that this server is an ENGLISH server, so as not to confuse people.
Its sad...but, as has been said, we have to be able to communicate with people, and as our medium, we've chosen English...(I blame mountains for the confusion.)

But, more important than a translation of the rules, I would think, would be a translation of the purpose of the server, and an explanation of 'RP' as opposed to 'PVP'
I've thought of another problem with translating the rules. We've already had enough trouble keeping the rules updated in English, as the rules often change in the forums without the actual official server rules getting updated. Can you imagine the confusion that having multiple translations of the rules will cause?

Player A: "I didn't reengage according to the German translation."

Player B: "U brok rule 5.8 in teh Bosnian rulez."

Player C: "Uds. todos son locos porque ignoraron reglas 5.7 y 5.8 in las reglas en Espanol."

Have I made my point?:P
Pages: 1 2