Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Server testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
The server is running a experimental version of software at the moment. Although it has been tested there is a good chance that issues will sliip through and be found when many people are using it - which is what happened.

For the next 24 hours, several flserver commands including /local and /invite (/l and /i) will not work. I'm going to sleep now and try to figure out the problem tomorrow.

Mining is re-enabled but is different to how it was:
- Fields have a finite capacity. If too much ore is mined from a field to quickly, the field gets harder to mine.
- Prices and drop rates have been adjusted.
- Ore goes directly into your cargo hold. You have to shoot rocks with mining lasers or nothing will happen.
- This is not the final arrangement but rather only the test phrase.

Ramming: be careful if you use a small ship to ram a large ship. The small ship will take hull damage.

' Wrote:- Ore goes directly into your cargo hold.

Not sure this is a good idea... It kind of makes mining in smaller miners more difficult, doesn't it?
Hm, the new mining method sounds rather interesting. Let's see how it'll go? Though it makes small miners a bit useless. Unless they have the big ship to transfer to every 100 units. Still let's see how it'll go. Can't wait to read the feedback. Does that mean no /givecash will work? Just wanna know.
Yeah. What if Maffic or Dacite mines for hauler? Where the ore goes then?
Awesome.

Can we also get stronger fighters and weaker cap ships?
"Ramming: be careful if you use a small ship to ram a large ship. The small ship will take hull damage."

a good reason to make some test runs...
Quote:Ramming: be careful if you use a small ship to ram a large ship. The small ship will take hull damage.

yes, yes thats working. OUCH!
' Wrote:Yeah. What if Maffic or Dacite mines for hauler? Where the ore goes then?
You can just drop the ore you did mine. It makes the process a bit slower, but I don't see it a huge problem.
' Wrote:Yeah. What if Maffic or Dacite mines for hauler? Where the ore goes then?
Drop them and continue shooting Rocks?
Meh: Ninja'd, but People spend more Time complaining than thinking.

The Damage Thing sounds good.
' Wrote:Awesome.

Can we also get stronger fighters and weaker cap ships?

K.

Time to test the ramming stuff in the name of pure lulz!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20