Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: It's possible to increase server capacity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is possible to increase server capacity? Or the developing team requires the source code?
I think you've answered your own question. This question has been asked many times before - the devteam requires the source code.
It's possible but server crashes all the time so it's not a good thing to do now.
I think that would ruin servers quality. Lags and stuffs.
Could you Imagen...

997/1000

with no lag... (when we get a uber server)

and then go into raiding stuff?

You will never fight alone. 8-)

However I think if we even had the stuff to make the possible to go above 200. then with the current server it will be way to laggy
' Wrote:Could you Imagen...

997/1000

with no lag... (when we get a uber server)

and then go into raiding stuff?

You will never fight alone. 8-)
However I think if we even had the stuff to make the possible to go above 200. then with the current server it will be way to laggy

Ye... something like that would look awesome. Ant that Gallia idea wouldn't look so lame after all. However, I think it's impossible.
Freelancer server operates one a single core processor and 1 core only.

We would need the source code to modify that.

Cannon came up with the idea of splitting the server though.

Making two servers, having one run bretonia and kusari, the other run liberty and rheinland.

He was working on a crapload of plugins for it last time i heard, such as making chat work over both servers, making it look like one 400/400 server to freelancer, coupling the invite system, an autoswich between servers when you jump from say omega 7 to omega 3.

I haven't heard anything about it in a while though. It is quite possible the project has been shelved.
' Wrote:Freelancer server operates one a single core processor and 1 core only.

Making two servers, having one run bretonia and kusari, the other run liberty and rheinland.

He was working on a crapload of plugins for it last time i heard, such as making chat work over both servers, making it look like one 400/400 server to freelancer, coupling the invite system, an autoswich between servers when you jump from say omega 7 to omega 3.

I haven't heard anything about it in a while though. It is quite possible the project has been shelved.
:Q[color=#CC33CC]___
' Wrote:Freelancer server operates one a single core processor and 1 core only.

Homina homina homina
It's all super secret dev stuff. They figured out the way how to do it long time ago but they are keeping it for their super secret private admin conspiracy server.
Pages: 1 2