Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Armor multiplier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could someone please explain to me how the armor multiplier on the armor upgrades works.

there are two numbers, as i am sure you all know,,, what does this mean?
for example; Mk II multiplies base armor by 1,4 and so on.

I looked around a little for the answer, but if someone could give me a quick explanation, i would be grateful.

Thanks
It is less common, but still widely accepted to use a comma instead of a decimal point. It means '1.4' in that case.
Gotcha,,, yep, the comma threw me off... Thanks
Yeah...apparently, only Great Britain and Co. used periods between numbers.

Alot of European countries swap the usage of commas and periods in math.

so...

4.567 for Four thousand, five hundred sixty-seven

and 4,50 for four point 5 (four and a half).
Yea I figured that out a long time ago, but it still took me a while to figure out it was the equivalent of a decimal.
So then how do they know which one it is?

4,403 could be either

four-thousand, four hundred, and 3
or four point four zero three...
' Wrote:It is less common, but still widely accepted to use a comma instead of a decimal point. It means '1.4' in that case.
Blunt: Since you're Canadian, or at least live in Toronto, you're accustomed to the system used in the English-speaking parts of the world (i.e. mostly UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) where 1.4 is common usage. However, 1,4 is common usage in the rest of the world (or at least most of it). For example, my family is from Argentina and Uruguay where 1,4 is considered normal, so when I talk in Spanish with an Argentine or Uruguayan who has immigrated to the USA, I sometimes have to ask which system they're using, as they might say 1.4 in English, but 1,4 in Spanish. Are you thoroughly confused yet?:wacko:

By the way, Blunt, which system do French-Canadians use, especially in Quebec? Also, I'm not sure which system Asians may use, as they may not use Arabic numerals. However, I know that there is at least one Chinese server running 4.84, but I don't think their current server description lists the number and I can't remember if previous versions listed 4.83 or 4,83.

' Wrote:So then how do they know which one it is?

4,403 could be either

four-thousand, four hundred, and 3
or four point four zero three...
Ghost Cat: You have to make an educated guess based on the writer's location/culture and usage in context. 1,4 obviously means 1.4 in the English version and was written by a non-native English speaker (Igiss). Context is important. For example, if the reference is to the population of a town, it obviously means four-thousand, four hundred and three.

If you want to be further confused keep in mind that one billion in the USA = 1,000 X 1,000,000 (one million), but one billion in the UK = 1,000,000 X 1,000,000.:crazy:

Has Ghost Cat's head exploded yet?:P
' Wrote:Yea I figured that out a long time ago, but it still took me a while to figure out it was the equivalent of a decimal.

Wow, it is strange to see someone saying that the coma is weird for decimal numbers ^^ being half Argentinian, half French, I always used the coma to write decimal numbers. I see you come from The US or Canada, where the point is widely used. I often get confused with that difference, but you can guess if the number is a decimal or not depending on the context. I've always done that, and i sware, it works:)

Juan: The French use the coma system, 3,576 being a decimal number. But I think that the francophone Canadians use the point one, because the US is right next to them. (it's a guess, I may be wrong:)). By the way, it's good to see another Argentinian (well, in part at least) around here ^^

At first i thought the first number was for shields, and the second number was for the Armor. Heh had alot of fun trying to figure out that was wrong.
So... do calculators in non-anglo counties use periods or commas to denote decimals? This is wierd. I consider myself a pretty well informed 35 year old Canadian and this is the first I've ever heard of there being a difference. Hahaha.

CP
Pages: 1 2 3