Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: what happened in Dublin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
or what happened about mining???
i got the mining ship, 6 mining turrets, BMM ID and BMM's IFF, but only 0.83unit/asteroid
the gold ore best price is 7200credits/unit
what happened?
' Wrote:The server is running a experimental version of software at the moment. Although it has been tested there is a good chance that issues will sliip through and be found when many people are using it - which is what happened.

For the next 24 hours, several flserver commands including /local and /invite (/l and /i) will not work. I'm going to sleep now and try to figure out the problem tomorrow.

Mining is re-enabled but is different to how it was:
- Fields have a finite capacity. If too much ore is mined from a field to quickly, the field gets harder to mine.
- Prices and drop rates have been adjusted.

- Ore goes directly into your cargo hold. You have to shoot rocks with mining lasers or nothing will happen.
- This is not the final arrangement but rather only the test phrase.

Ramming: be careful if you use a small ship to ram a large ship. The small ship will take hull damage.
thats mean if im mining before server restart, i may get a bit stuff?
' Wrote:
' Wrote:My guess is that it's a server-restart thing. Log on after the next restart, then see if you're getting your 20-something drops.
Nope. The field status carries across restarts.
Alot has changed. Some good,and some bad. Need to move about now,and "Discover" the new mining elements.
a little interesting, thanks for your help
still, I believe it could be tweaked a litle bit....

meh yea, its still in beta but my suggestion is make the filed regenerate proportionaly to the server use... that mean ,n peak hour ,it can deserve the same proportion of miner.

Things happen ya know. But how I see it, people without organisation or experience to the game will quikly turn to mass trading wich is not bad in a certain point of view.
- Fields have a finite capacity. If too much ore is mined from a field to quickly, the field gets harder to mine.

Every how much time the field recharges?

- Ore goes directly into your cargo hold

What about non hegemon miners?
Apart from day one I haven't had a decent drop anywhere.
' Wrote:- Fields have a finite capacity. If too much ore is mined from a field to quickly, the field gets harder to mine.
Every how much time the field recharges?
Ask Cannon. He's the only one that has that info.

Quote:- Ore goes directly into your cargo hold
What about non hegemon miners?
Those, are screwed.
Pages: 1 2