Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: worried about the anticheat software...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, to preface this, I am not trying to attack anyone (people usually think I am)

' Wrote:Kettch

Banned: Forever

Reason: Speed Mod

Proof: Anticheat Software.

Cheers

' Wrote:i do not have the speed mod enabled. im not sure where youre getting that from, but i took great care to make sure that discovery was the only mod i have installed. i have never even installed the speed mod for SP use.

here are the top speeds ive ever gotten:
ship
engine/thruster/cruise

starflier
80/200/350

dromedary
80/200/350

camara
80/200/350

transport
80/140/350

titan
80/200/350

so, i have no idea why the anti-cheat software thinks i am cheating. i am an honorable person irl, and am appalled that my character seems to be flawed.

will an admin pm me please?

EDIT:
i noticed the first post was at 3AM EST. not sure if thats b/c thats when the anti-cheat logs were checked, or if someone got booted at that time. i personally have not played since thursday, so if the ban came from an admin seeing someone on using speed mod during the night last night, it wasnt me.

EDIT 2:
it may be because i didnt keep the original settings for discovery when installing (i moved the sp start and sp initial cash). i am reinstalling with the hope that someone sees this and decides to give me a 2nd chance.

' Wrote:to be honest, is it possible the Anti-cheat software has a bug? because many people being banned for speed moding and they say they didn't do it.

There seems to be a trend, people getting permabanned, and then claiming to not be speed modders, and someone else jumps in and says they never went faster...well, looking around the forums in general, it seems like the anticheat software randomly boots people....I'm not claiming to know much about the program, but, if it sees ghost cheaters and boots people, couldn't it be recording ghost speed mod logs?
Seems to me that these people deserve the benefit of the doubt...
I've noticed the trend too. It seems to be mostly affecting new people. Very odd...
As we all know, programs don't write themself. They were written by man and man are doing mistakes.
So no program is without doubt. Its a very difficult matter. Thats the hard life of an admin, whom to believe. The software or the player.
What could be done, is to check the Anticheat software. Possible innocent players does deserve it.

Respectful
AoM
I'm not so sure Unseelie, just because a player saw someone not speed modding does not mean they do not when there are no witnesses. Seems to me anyone with half a brain would not be stupid enough to speed mod in front of a witness.

Perhaps a perma-ban should happen be for a second offense, and a first offense is a say a 7-day ban. That would give the offender a lesson and a chance to amend their behaviour and if that same player is caught twice then thats pretty conclusive. How many of the older players on here have been caught speed-modding in the sanction threads? I don't think theres any. I am 90% sure it's new guys trying their luck and crying when they get caught.

I think I remember reading somewhere that sometimes speed mod does not properly de-activate in certain versions of the Mod Manager program so a second chance could be given and the offender monitored on serving his ban with the advice that he does a complete re-install and never activates speed-mod in FLMM again.
Well the thing 'bout Speed mod(as far as i know) is that it cant be activated or deactivated during game.

So once activated, player would have the same speed all the time so everyone who see him cruising would imediatly know that they are cheating...

I saw a sanction with players speed over 2200 so you could easyly spot that player in game.
I think its suspect as well. We can wait and have it randomly 'report' an admin for speedmod and then we will know its got issues.
As far as I can see, a lot of these posts, no human saw the speed modding, only the cheat program....And, that problem with speed mod not deactivating properly is another problem...perfectly possible for someone to have actually meant to deactivate it, but not known it didn't work....and penalizing someone for that simply isn't fair...they need technical help, not a ban.
a cheater is one of the worst things on an online game - however, an innocent player accused and punished for cheating is worse. i am not familiar with what evidence the software provides - that means, how accurate and reliable it is. does it see differences between client / serverlag, taking a wing, serverhickups? does it kick on the first incident at once - or does it have a tolerance range - maybe kicks after 2 or 3 occasions.

basicly - i d say, every player is allways innocent untill absolutely sure that he is cheating. the software does not lie for sure, cause it has no intention to lie - but it might make mistakes. its hard to prove either way though. it takes wittnessing a culprit red handed, and that is allmost impossible with such a large playerbase.
I've been pretty concerned about it as well. Surely, it DOES catch most speed modders, but it also seems to catch a lot of innocents as well. The people I'm concerned about are those that the program said were cheating, but have multiple people saying they've seen the person and they weren't using speed mod.
I think the program should be the basis for people to watch. IF/when hard evidence is found in the form of SSs or of the person's name appearing on the program multiple times, thats when the sanction would come. I personally haven't seen someone speed mod for months. Any time I see someone seem to go that speed is when there is lag, but it always pops them back to where they really are, at the same distance. Perhaps lag could have something to do with this? Also in formations, when you enter formation with someone who is in cruise and your a few KM back, it'll speed you up to 420km/s, which could also cause the program to go ape. I just think people are worth a bit more than a few numbers on an anti-cheat program that we don't know works or not.
Ok

Guys the Anticheat was checked out on the PvP first then set up on RP.

Now how about this little piece of info i Quote " when i came to this server i did not know speed mod was banned, so i used it"

That is a quote from a person not to long ago, and trust me we have had more, the anticheat is working, we are catching players who we would have not caught before.

So No the Anticheat is not at fault here its the player.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3