Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah so, I'm trying to get skype running again since an hour or so. It worked perfectly until now. Windows says "Skype isn't working anymore blabla". I tried to re-install it completely, didn't change anything. As soon as the installation finishes, the message pops up again. If I wanna' start skype normally, the message pops up.

OS is currently Vista.

Could really use some help.

1. Vista fils, I had it until not long ago...just fails >.<
2. Anyway, I heard about people having this problem too. As far as I know, they switched to an older version of skype.
Do you have the latest version of skype? I was forced to upgrade mine to the latest version because it wouldn't work (Freezes up, forcing me to restart the application). While I have Windows 7, maybe it could work on Vista.
' Wrote:Do you have the latest version of skype? I was forced to upgrade mine to the latest version because it wouldn't work (Freezes up, forcing me to restart the application). While I have Windows 7, maybe it could work on Vista.

Yeah, I've downloaded and installed the latest (5.1?) Skype twice. It seems the installation doesn't finish entirely, the skype folder doesn't contain all the files I had before it stopped working. I looked into it a bit more, it seems my antivirus program caused the first crash, deleting several files that prevented skype from working because there was a "threat" detected.

I tried to turn the antivirus program off, but it doesn't work that way either...

Edit: And ye, tried to install an older version too, same problem.
Have you tried downloading the 4.2.0.169 skype version? Seems there are several problems with the 5.0 skype.

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=740803

Edit: My skype version is 4.1.0.179
It appears to me that if I'm trying to install older versions of skype, it automatically updates it to the 5.0/5.1 version during the installation.
Alright, seems I got it working now eventually...Installed the version Contaan suggested and it worked, lets see for how long the Skype+Vista combo stays alive.

Thanks !
Have you tried the compatability mode for Skype? Other than that, I can see that other people have issues with Skype on Vista.. but it includes updating drivers and such.

Edit: Ah cool, good luck
As a voice of people who don't mind Vista, I haven't had any issues with Vista + Skype. Just sayin'
' Wrote:As a voice of people who don't mind Vista, I haven't had any issues with Vista + Skype. Just sayin'

Didn't have any until now either...
Pages: 1 2