Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feeling 'meeeh'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like this game, I do.
Or I want to.

I have been going back to this game every week, flying around with my ships but lately there just hasn't been anything interesting or fun for me in the game...I mean I dunno if my tastes have just changed, but it is just feeling very dull, uneventful and boring. Before you say 'lol jopin a facshun' I am in a few like the BHG, AFA, and Kruger. It is just not much fun any more...I have alternatives to this game, if I wanted to wander around alone for hours and only talk to NPCs I would play Morrowind, and if I wanted to shoot something I would load up TF2.

I dunno, maybe I need to try something new in the game...you guys got ideas for what I should try next in FL to experience something a bit more interesting than my usual stuff?
I personally always enjoy spreading propaganda in NY.

Oh and something that can be nice to is RPing a normal person. Just a normal man or woman owning a space ship, not some member of the one or the other, but a civilian. RPing a private life is pretty fun in my opinion.
Get away from the game until .86. Then play it again and you'll have fun with all the new stuffz (or cry about them).

Edit : Forget that, we'll be all dead before .86 is released.
is this the first leaving thread in General?
Enojado leave my thread, I have plenty of stuff going on in life to keep me busy for ages to come. I am a working writer, cartoonist, full time college student currently majoring in physics and I don't even use skype. I just want something fun to do with what little downtime I have and you are just being counter productive to the point of this non-flood thread.

I am just looking for new RP ideas, I am surprised by how many people suggest leaving too...
Kudos to TheJarl for the only on topic post
Quote:I am just looking for new RP ideas, I am surprised by how many people suggest leaving too...

So, you open the wiki and go trough the list of factions. You find one in which you can imagine yourself roleplaying and devoting to the character you are about to make. Then you enjoy even if the whole Sirius is falling apart. If you can't do that its time to find new game, easy as that.
' Wrote:I am just looking for new RP ideas, I am surprised by how many people suggest leaving too...
Let the spore touch you......yeeeesss.....feel the mysterious power.
When I find I'm getting bored I make a new character.

For example I made a pirate in a ki.
Which is pretty cool to RP, since you can only bluff with traders.

However if you ask like 500k and under you'll get tips every now and then.
And just the RP of not being to much into nomads and stuff.
its cool to learn new ways of thinking from different groups.

my point, make a new original character.
play is and have fun, when bored make a new one, with other RP and stuff like that.

Force people to RP, even if they don't want to. (Usually pointing guns helps) : ))))))

Try a new faction, something random, something you never tried.

Make a lulzy char to enjoy laughing about. No need to be lolwut, just lulzy. I made a suicide bomber and enjoyed it, some of my targets enjoyed it too...

Just try something fresh.
You can do something like this:
' Wrote:Oh and something that can be nice to is RPing a normal person. Just a normal man or woman owning a space ship, not some member of the one or the other, but a civilian. RPing a private life is pretty fun in my opinion.
Or something like this:
' Wrote:So, you open the wiki and go trough the list of factions. You find one in which you can imagine yourself roleplaying and devoting to the character you are about to make. Then you enjoy even if the whole Sirius is falling apart.
And this often helps:
' Wrote:When I find I'm getting bored I make a new character.
And if all else fails, you can try this:
' Wrote:Get away from the game until .86.
But whatever you do, DO NOT DO THIS:
' Wrote:Let the spore touch you......yeeeesss.....feel the mysterious power.

There are a few ways to deal with Disco-boredom, many of them mentioned above. Creating a new character is one of the obvious ways of doing it, but really just finding a new way to role-play can bring the fun back into the game. And yet, sometimes people need a bit of a break. If you really feel that you're having more fun playing a different game, then play it instead. Come back to Disco after a few months and see how you feel about it then.

There are a bajillion ways to have fun in any given game. You've just gotta be able to try new stuff to find 'em.
Pages: 1 2