Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Trek: Bridge Commander
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_..._Commander

Got into it recently... Wanted to know who else had it/what their thoughts are on it.

So far, I've had quite a bit o' fun with it, especially with all the mods around for it. Though it kinda' feels like the Silent Hunter of the Star Trek universe. xD

So.

Discuss.
I bought it ages ago, played it a few times. I never got into the story mode, nor I installed any mods. The combat simulation pews are quite funny though.:)
Good game to learn attitude (roll) control for a true 3D space sim. I however got annoyed with the frequency of which the Galors rammed me - ramming does heavy damage in that game.
' Wrote:Good game to learn attitude (roll) control for a true 3D space sim. I however got annoyed with the frequency of which the Galors rammed me - ramming does heavy damage in that game.
All power to the engines.
Awesome game, still have it installed, heavily modded. Nice story too.
I was a major modder in the BC community. the modeling and importing was and is still a breeze.

Still wish for a sequel to this day.
I've been using the Kobayashi Maru modpack, pretty nice set.
I quite enjoyed the single player campaign, and the pew pew sceninarios. The problem with the game is the ai piloting is stupid bad, and the game became a snore when you started piloting yourself.

Overall its worth the playtine imo.
Bought it a while back and had a great deal of fun playing it. I even still have the CD. But, yes all the mods for it is what made it fun.
' Wrote:the game became a snore when you started piloting yourself.
That one. The actual 'bridge commanding' is a neat idea until you realize it's not necessary. I realy enjoyed the game to that point. After that, any Starfleet Command episode is better.
Pages: 1 2 3