Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any screenshots of others used for the purpose of inflicting consequences within RP must have at least one of the following:

1) RP between the screenshotter and the screenshotee prior to or during the action of screen capture.

2) A faction specific tag on the screenshotter (IE: [LN], LNS, ORDER|, OCV)

3) An OOC notice of intent on the part of the screenshotter to the screenshotee delivered a long enough time for the screenshotter to avoid interaction before the screenshots are taken

Explanation: This rule is to prevent the rather common and annoying tendency for certain people to log into disposable characters to appear out of nowhere near people that they wish to antagonize, and screencapture actions that characters would not have otherwise taken had they known that they were being watched - and have no knowledge about the interaction until after screenshots have been posted.

As gathering screenshot evidence on a person is to initiate an RP interaction with the person, all parties concerned should be aware of an interaction that is taking place.
so...it's about the FR5 right?

We don't need more rules about it - it works as it is - and if you were FR5ed then make a RP topic in communication channel and talk the thing over with the party involved.

and if I remember you are trying to fix your being annoyed by people on disco by making RULES
[Image: bush_doing_it_wrong.jpg]

Yeah sure it's annoying but they have good RP explanation - try to RP it out and don't make more rules cause now it's like 2365896435 of those and those related and not everything can be cleared by certain rules.

RP above RULES - and everything will be ok - and the thing you are refering is called metagaming I think...although I am not sure - still not a good idea to force it by rules AND I don't think it will solve the problem

TIP: Smuggling - don't use the TLs and even if House police makes you FR5 - and what? you aren't smuggling to lawful base anyway. It will make it fun. (Yeah I have a smuggler)
This is faction related, not rule related. You can't make a rule for it, the proper suggestion would be a FR5 addition. It will be no because what you're asking is the avoidance of RP consequences. You poke you pay, it's part of Roleplay.
If you don't want to deal with the consequences of your actions, don't take those actions. This is a completely idiotic suggestion, those of us who do play spy character's aren't there to interact with our targets. We are there to observe and collect intel. We then pass that intel on to someone else who should then try to interact with you using said intel.
I don't like it. It doesn't make much sense either. If you don't like the consequences of getting caught, don't get caught. Don't trust anybody and avoid flying into scanner range of other ships.

' Wrote:Don't trust anybody and avoid flying into scanner range of other ships.
Right. Because that's what playing an online game with 150 other people is about. Avoiding them.
' Wrote:Right. Because that's what playing an online game with 150 other people is about. Avoiding them.
What do you expect smugglers to do? Hop into a trade lane and have a chat with everyone along the way?
Are they not supposed to avoid detection? I don't understand.
' Wrote:What do you expect smugglers to do? Hop into a trade lane and have a chat with everyone along the way?
Are they not supposed to avoid detection? I don't understand.

The role play of a smuggler is to not get caught yes, but always running solo and never chatting is boring and adds no flavor to any role play. Let yourself get caught every now and then, just remember to accept the consequences of your actions.
' Wrote:The role play of a smuggler is to not get caught yes, but always running solo and never chatting is boring and adds no flavor to any role play. Let yourself get caught every now and then, just remember to accept the consequences of your actions.
I do that and I do let myself caught from time to time, it's entertaining. But I'm not going to scream if it backfires. I'm aware of the risks unlike some other people.
no way...

not only official factions should be able to screen the "law-breaker"

if you cannot deal with it play a lawfull char.

if you been FR5'd there is a appropriate reason for it.
Pages: 1 2