Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Shores of Hazeron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.hazeron.com/
This is a massive multiplayer real time strategy galactic conquest game.
The game works in the first person, with you as an individual.
You can step into and walk around in fully functional starships, even jump or float from one starship to another! Hell, you could jump out the airlock and sky dive through the planets atmosphere if you felt inclined to do so

Here's a few features that might draw interest...

- Design studio
Design your own starships in a studio which can be occupied by multiple players, or even modified by more than one person at a time. Player may even just watch a starship take shape by watching it in render view, even walk around inside of the physical ship and test the turrets and consoles while it's being modified by other players.
These designs can be constructed when you have sufficient technology and resources.

- Nearly seamless spaceplanet transitions
Fly from planet to planet, dive into the atmosphere and glide over the surface. Going through the atmosphere too quickly, or entering it at high velocity will incur extreme heat, sonic, and stress damage, pay special attention to your velocity when entering a planets atmosphere, and never hit full throttle while on the surface... :lol:

- Customize your empire
Millions of combinations can be achieved. The species editor is rather silly looking at the moment, but provides a vast array of settings and stats to let you define your species.
Choose your empires government type.
Choose a flag to represent your empire.
Set and adjust empire policy, from awards and penalties for certain actions, to relations and trade with other empires.

- Procedurally generated plant life and animal species on habitable worlds.
Each habitable world has a number of zones, each one has its own set of plants and animals, all having different behaviors and yielding different resources.

- Found and develop your own cities, and colonize new worlds in harsh environments for rare resources.

- Constantly updated with tons of new bug fixes and features nearly every week, if not sooner.
This game is nowhere near finished, and is still chock full of problems, but these guys are putting out updates to fix these things very quickly.

- 100% FREE :D
It's still in beta, and has a very long way to go before it becomes anything resembling a finished product.
This looks... Pretty damn epic!
This looks like another "get folks hooked in beta before going pay to play subscription on launch". No thanks.
' Wrote:This looks like another "get folks hooked in beta before going pay to play subscription on launch". No thanks.

Maybe... we were discussing a few possibilities, such as having free to play with the option of more features, but they're pretty far off from asking for payment or anything yet.

This game has been in development for many years, Haxus has a secondary business that's been paying the expenses for it so far.

They're really not trying to get people hooked so much, they really don't even want that many people to be playing it yet, not sure if I should be posting here or not, I just thought it would be of interest.
Might look at this.

Sounds interesting.
Is it me or the empire Mindaur is using the flag used by to corsair council of elders?
Also we've a council of zoners flag:D
Anyone try this out yet? I can help you out with any questions you may have if you find things confusing ( I know I did at first:lol:)
I can forsee this being a severe time sink.

I'm already running through deck plans in my head.

EDIT: Question: Once you get away from your cities and start exploring, do your citizens deal with morale and whatnot on their own?
' Wrote:I can forsee this being a severe time sink.

I'm already running through deck plans in my head.

EDIT: Question: Once you get away from your cities and start exploring, do your citizens deal with morale and whatnot on their own?

Everything will go on as you left it, production will continue, any positive or negative morale changes will steadily change.

One thing to keep in mind however. If you leave a system or log off for more than 7 days, the colony(s) will be effected by an Abandonment penalty, and eventually if left unchecked for a long time, the colony will begin to decay and disappear.

If you have a starship with an AI officer doing a patrol through your systems, this can prevent the abandonment penalty, even if you're offline for a long time (Just hope the AI doesn't do something stupid)

You can have one officer for every habitable planet you establish a colony on.
Pages: 1 2 3