Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hegemon Pirate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I saw a fella bout a month ago using it as a pirate vessel to pirate other transports, got away from him myself, but just wondering.

Is it effective? How many weapons can it even fire forward? And what about it vs Shire or another big transport?

Thoughts and opinions? Especially if you've used it for pirating before.

Hate at!
It is cool ship. Has 145000 hull, 8 guns firing forward. If to equip this ship with 1xtransport turret1 and res type 2 it is real to fight against 2 other transports (if they aren't ptranses). And don't forget about armor upgrade. 3.00 or 3.6 will be enough
Yes.. nice ship indeed...
Pros(compared to Ptrans):
-more armor (slap on at an CAU5 and it makes a 100k Difference)
-More regens(about 200 more i think)
-better agility
-Looks kewl
-Cheaper (not sure now)
-360 degrees CD arc

Cons:
-Big as barn
-one turret less fireing forward
-less cargo space

The Hegemon, as per fire power and armor is a beast. If you can keep the enemy ahead of you, he'll go down. But if said enemy runs into an asteorid field, you're screwed:D
' Wrote:Yes.. nice ship indeed...
Pros(compared to Ptrans):
-more armor (slap on at an CAU5 and it makes a 100k Difference)
-More regens(about 200 more i think)
-better agility
-Looks kewl
-Cheaper (not sure now)
-360 degrees CD arc
Cons:
-Big as barn
-one turret less fireing forward
-less cargo space

Better agility? Really? I thought differently....
Compared to Ptrans... Yes its more agile...

King Rorry tossin his Havoc? No way D:
Avalanche used a hege pirate to pirate other Heges:)
Ye, it's good.
Yes.

It's ridiculously cheap, has good armour and packs a dine punch for a transport. Its overpoweredness can only be matched by the Pirate Transport.
The biggest problem you'll find pirating in a Hegemon or any transport/gunboat versus snubcraft is that you are not faster than an opponent. You'd think that wouldn't be that big of a deal, but you miss one CD, he gains 500m, and then suddenly you'll never hit him again until you take the time (and hits) to Cruise back up, during which time he can also Cruise if he's smart. This is really exacerbated in a Hegemon because of the huge size of it. Bump into a rock? Well shucks, that Whale is going to thrust away.

Overall, better to keep a snubcraft for pirating. Nothing will ever match up to those in terms of efficiency (though they are nice in groups!).
Pages: 1 2 3