Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: There should be a meeting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
16:30, Freeport 2, Bering star system.
"Another man in suit", - bartender thought, observing another businessman attending his rather short time to visits to the bar of Freeport Two for short lunch. - "They're so overused and massively abused I think I should drop mine off and get back to sweaters... Oh, well, nice logo!"
Businessman held pack of propaganda papers and small suitcase. He ordered himself a coffee and decided to take a place somewhere further from public attention, which wasn't really high in this place, despite it was in the centre of theatre of war.
Elektra King and Paco were already sitting at the table in the corner. Both dressed in black suits wearing sunglasses in the dark. They've been monitoring everyone who enters the bar, analyzing everything that happens around them. The man from the Volksfront walked in, they noticed him but they didn't react in any way to let him know they are waiting, instead they decided to observe him for a while.

16:45, Freeport 2, Bering star system.

Paco stood up and started to walk slowly towards the man while Elektra waited at the table. He whispered with his distinguishing voice:" Mr.Koberstein, please join us at our table ". Man turned around to see who just whispered in his ear but he only saw Paco's back on his way back to the table.
"Good day, sir. Who'd you be and how may I help you?" - he smiled and turned around, looking for exit, still unsure where to go. Those goverment officials really like to send in different killers, and those business-style suits reminded him about the last ones he've met.
"You don't need to look for exit Mr.Koberstein, we made sure no one interrupts our meeting here." Paco looks at Elektra and slightly grins, then shows the man where to sit. "Please join us, we represent the Lane Hackers, and by those papers in your hand I presume you represent the Volksfront." Paco gives a nod to the waitress inviting her to come to the table "Good day miss, give us a bottle of your finest wine and 3 glasses with some ice." Man from Volksfront suspiciously looks at the two Hackers but he decides to stick around. "I'm sure you can mix some pleasure with business Mr.Koberstein" He reaches for cigarettes in his pocket "Care for a smoke ?"
I assume you're mister Pistols. Yes, indeed, I'm member of the Bundschuh, my name is Dennis Koberstein, - said Dennis with slight Rheinland accent. - "Smoking... Probably not, excuse me."
Meanwhile waitress had served the table.
"So, I'm glad to meet you, lady and genteman. I'd like you to tell more about the cardamine, how it works, how it doesn't work...Not the best subject for discussion, but I'm a bit in hurry..." - Dennis chukled and sighs. - "Whole life in hurry."
Elektra leant back in her chair and smirked. "You're going to have to be a bit more specific than that Mr Koberstein. It's a rather broad question, and one which would take many hours to discuss. As much as I would enjoy explaining the many facts and theories concerning Cardamine we just don't have the luxury of that much time."

Elektra searched her pockets for a moment and pulled out a battered old datapad. "I managed to find an old report on one of the lab computers that might interest you."

She took off her sunglasses and smiled as she opened a document on the datapad. "Here you go." She said, sliding the pad across the table.
' Wrote:Bacterium Results_______________
>Subjects: 1 -to- 20 cell organisms<
The only noticeable change in physiology was an increase in 'mitochondrial activity' and a
drastically increased lifespan.
The interesting part was the behavior. Once inundated with Cardi', 97% of the subject began
to draw together and stay withing VERY close proximity, if not touching. Then they began to
work together as if they were a single lifeform.
A pool of simple 1-20 cell organisms, did not bond together but, came together in cooperation
and staggering intelligence to behave as one 870,000 cell organism.

* the other 3% of variouse species died instantaneously.
* 92% of the remaining life, opon effects of withdrawel, would die from a death that could best be
desribed as internal suicide. It is very apperent that the effects encompase every cell in you body.
The fewer cells that the organisms possess, the harder the overall effect on the lifeform is.
"So the few bacterium that survived were the more complicated 20 cell organisms.
Elektra waited for him to finish reading, and tried to judge the man's reaction. "So, Mr Koberstein. Tell me, what exactly would you like to know?"

She nodded at Paco and got out of her chair. "Excuse me for one moment"
Paco nods back to Elektra, and turns to the man sitting with him at the table still reading the datapad. "Unfortunately it seems we have to leave Mr.Koberstein, our USI (Universal Ship Identification*) scanners have informed us about target we can not allow to reach its destination" He takes his coat from the chair and puts it on, then takes out his sunglasses. "Enjoy the wine Mr.Koberstein, if you need us you can contact us on our diplomatic channel, as you can see we're quite busy and can't devote much time to these meetings in independent worlds". Paco walks out of the bar toward the docking bay and contacts Elektra on his neural net implant. "All right, we're good to go, start the engines I'm there in 30 seconds"