Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Game crashing... help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have had a crashing issue ever since reinstalling the game and on the Microsoft site it is hard to ask my question so the computer generated response knows what I am talking about. Hopefully I can get some help here from you guys :)

Whenever I start Freelancer, I get past the first 3 videos fine and when it comes to the main Freelancer loading screen right before the main menu, the game quits unexpectedly to the desktop with no error messages. When I checked Microsoft it said to check my graphics card drivers or reinstall but it was running it fine before. I updated my drivers anyway and I have also reinstalled the game and also disabled all opening videos so it goes straight to the Freelancer logo after opening, but it still quits. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys for any help.
Maybe try a new fresh install? Which graphic card do you use btw?
This happened to me after deactivating Disco mod. I think your FL has some saves from different FL version, it is not compatible with. And when FL finds these files, it has no other chance, then to shut itself down. Try finding your freelancer saves and deleting/moving them all.
' Wrote:This happened to me after deactivating Disco mod. I think your FL has some saves from different FL version, it is not compatible with. And when FL finds these files, it has no other chance, then to shut itself down. Try finding your freelancer saves and deleting/moving them all.

The save thing worked. Thank you both. Very helpful.
' Wrote:The save thing worked. Thank you both. Very helpful.
hi neosmike,
i had the same probs although i changed graphics completely. when it happend, i heard an interupted voice.
so i updated my audio-driver and voila, it worked properly. try it and i hope i could help

caballero