Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[size=small]I am new at Freelancer and RP in general. I managed to set the multiplayer and launched into space. Shot down the first ship I saw. While trying to turn tail I realized I had to give a warning I had to pay 50K and I died. :laugh:Wow !!! I had to read a bit. So I have read the rules and think a bit of help will get me going in no time. I think RP will be my major huddle. :$

I am a bit overwhelm with the amount of information available. The more I read the more I realize little do I know; but the more I read the more I like the game. I wish I can finish my text material so I can get hands on experience. :)

That is why I would like to join a faction. So I can learn as I fly. :nyam: I have a solid idea what I want to be in this server and have read some attractive lore but I do not seem to find the recruitment pages. Any help?

Also I wonder if Official factions are better than non official ones. Any pointers there too, please.

Did I said, Hello everyone? :rolleyes:
Well hello there.

First of all, what exactly do you want to be then ? Tell us what you had in mind and we'll be able to help you gathering the information you need.

As for the official faction statement: Official factions aren't "better" than un-official ones. They're just setting and example for the certain indies of the NPC faction. You'll hear many people saying that official faction-members are better Role-players, that's not quite true. There are loads of indies out there who are able to pull off great RP, but official members have proven that they are indeed able, or willing to roleplay as good as possible on this server.
Hello and welcome to Discovery!

Don't worry, we all make mistakes when we're new, the trick is learning from them and not making them again.

Here is RepEx's recruitment thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54672 We're a Rheinland trading faction that likes to help new people get started with the game. We offer a nice start up ship and experienced people's wisdom.

If Rheinland isn't to your fancy here are all the official faction recruitment pages: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showforum=66

Official factions are nice and have some extra responsiblities, but until your a member of their command group, you won't notice them really. Especially for trading factions.

Best of luck!

PM me if you have any questions.
Welcome to the madhouse. Join Gaians,be an indie. :crazy:
Hello, mate. Nice name. I used same in the past:). Welcome and have fun! Better join Samura|. they will be give you 1800 cargo transport for free
Welcome to Disco. :)
Welcome. Mind the cat. Its a ninja cat. It comes out of nowhere to smite the unwanted.

yo

ps: join USI, best trading faction there, great for learning;)
Hello! Please enjoy your time here and make sure to look through all the factions and what they have to offer!

Take care,

See you in space!
Hello man with a cool alias :cool:
Pages: 1 2