Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wanted: link to the LAWS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking for a link to the database of Laws that the LPI follows.

I have these two links -> http://www.discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php/...iberty_Republic and http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...erty+Police+Inc

I'm just wondering if these are the correct links to the laws that the LPI should follow.
' Wrote:http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...216&hl=laws

Post #2

That what you wanted?

Could well be the one I'm looking for.

That is the 2nd post in the second link I posted in my OP.

Having read that and NOT found what I was looking for, a conversation with someone high in the chain of LPI command might be in order.

Hmmmm.
Hey there. What exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help.
The actual LPI faction post is: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...25332&st=27

As for the Laws of Liberty, you already have them linked. So those are the laws that the LPI members are supposed to follow. I'm not an official member of the LPI, but I have an LPI ID'd character that I play fairly frequently, so I can help with an explanation, maybe.
' Wrote:Hey there. What exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

Just wondering exactly what questions we are required to answer.

I'd really prefer to point these questions at reasonably high ranking officer of the LPI if possible, as I have questions regarding the behaviour of an LPI officer I happened to meet and whether they were justified in their actions or not.

Edit: I don't want to do this on the forums, trial by forum is NEVER pretty.

If a high ranking officer wishes to contact me regarding this, I don't have skype, so PM or e-mail please.
' Wrote:Just wondering exactly what questions we are required to answer.

I'd really prefer to point these questions at reasonably high ranking officer of the LPI if possible, as I have questions regarding the behaviour of an LPI officer I happened to meet and whether they were justified in their actions or not.

Edit: I don't want to do this on the forums, trial by forum is NEVER pretty.

If a high ranking officer wishes to contact me regarding this, I don't have skype, so PM or e-mail please.

Oh, I thought maybe you were the Independant Trader ID'd pilot in the Rhienland Freighter that I stopped in New York and made sell his cargo instead of letting him through.
' Wrote:Oh, I thought maybe you were the Independant Trader ID'd pilot in the Rhienland Freighter that I stopped in New York and made sell his cargo instead of letting him through.

No, that wasn't me.

I was moving cargo to Bretonia and for some reason was fined for 'obstructing the course of justice', when under the defintion of that particular law I had done nothing wrong at all.

Quote: IV. Obstructing the course of justice.

Any individual preventing, evading or delaying the administration of punishment on to an individual found to be breaking the law will be subject to any punishment deemed necessary by the ranking officer on duty.

Destroying or stealing cargo from the wreck of an individual who has been destroyed for breaking the law counts as obstructing the course of justice. Evidence must be confiscated by the enforcers of the law alone, and attempts to prevent this action will be considered accordingly. The only exception to this is when the commanding officer on the scene gives verbal exemption to those wishing to scavenge the wreck of a criminal's ship.

I would describe the circumstances further, but like I said, trial by forum isn't pretty...or fair.
I'm not the one who stopped you, but I overheard some of the conversation in system.

Was the officer in question in the wrong for accusing you of "obstructing the course of justice?" Probably.

Should you stop when an officer, especially an official faction tagged one, asks you to? Probably. Doing otherwise just makes you look suspicious.
' Wrote:I'm not the one who stopped you, but I overheard some of the conversation in system.

Was the officer in question in the wrong for accusing you of "obstructing the course of justice?" Probably.

Should you stop when an officer, especially an official faction tagged one, asks you to? Probably. Doing otherwise just makes you look suspicious.

You would have been the ummmm Junker pilot flying some sort of Train I'm guessing.

Pity Junkers are red to my Trader, there are a few Junker bases that would be useful to dock at from time to time.

Lets not go mentioning any names in this thread, that would be bad as it could set off a flame war and that's the last thing I want.
Pages: 1 2