Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some more things for Discovery to use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings!
As I have searched a way to alter the HUDs appearance now, I found a neat little site full of Freelancer goodies.

Link to the site

If you scroll down to the "plugins", there are a lot of very interesting downloads available. For example:
Ammo Limit: Allows each ammo to have its own limit.
Call Sign: Take a break from being '€œFreelancer Alpha one dash one'€.
Dock Key: Uses a mounted piece of equipment to unlock a locked dock.
Healing: Allows zones and weapons to use negative damage, providing a repair facility.
HUD Shift: Allows repositioning of HUD elements.
Territory MP: The chat history shows the territory players are in, not the system.

I've looked into the readme of some of the files to get a glimpse of how this would affect the game, and some plugins may need Cannons virtuosity to get it working for online play with changing values and so on ...

But don't you think some of this would be really great to have for Discovery?
I like the callsign one.

Make your own combo :cool:
Quote:Ammo Limit: Allows each ammo to have its own limit.
Call Sign: Take a break from being '€œFreelancer Alpha one dash one'€.
Dock Key: Uses a mounted piece of equipment to unlock a locked dock.
Healing: Allows zones and weapons to use negative damage, providing a repair facility.
HUD Shift: Allows repositioning of HUD elements.
Territory MP: The chat history shows the territory players are in, not the system.

Highlighted the coolest ones. The dock key would solve Alaska, not to mention other areas of secrecy sirius wide.

Healing could go either way, faster than transferring bats/bots but could be abused.

Ammo limits would be nice too, for heavy torpedos less, for light missles more.
I like the ideas; especially the Call Sign and Healing plugins.

It would be cool to bring a large repair ship to an ongoing battle, hang out on the outskirts, and have your allies come to you for repairs without having to dock on a station. To keep balance, I feel the repairs would have to take a decent amount of time to complete, so that it's not just a quick "zap" and you're fixed. Abuse is always a big concern.
If healing turrets were only mountable on repair ships ... Makes thier lifes easier and can't really be abused. Could introduce new tactics in combat as well. Meaning that Repair ships will become the enemys primary target. Giving everyone else the job of defending them in order to keep a fleet in service.
Quote:It would be cool to bring a large repair ship to an ongoing battle, hang out on the outskirts, and have your allies come to you for repairs without having to dock on a station. To keep balance, I feel the repairs would have to take a decent amount of time to complete, so that it's not just a quick "zap" and you're fixed. Abuse is always a big concern.
Quote:If healing turrets were only mountable on repair ships ... Makes thier lifes easier and can't really be abused. Could introduce new tactics in combat as well. Meaning that Repair ships will become the enemys primary target. Giving everyone else the job of defending them in order to keep a fleet in service.
I think these "Repair Turrets" will be balanced in a way that it will take longer than just *shoop-da-woosh* to repair a battleship, for example.
Repair ships could fly through sectors and give repairs to players who need them, not only after a huge capship battle. They might also take some credits for the service!
FL Hack -> Gauges

want to have!

FL Hack is a program that provides additional options for Freelancer by directly patching it in memory.

(so server wont notice HUD/grafic changed done with it ye?
Quote:FL Hack -> Gauges

want to have!

FL Hack is a program that provides additional options for Freelancer by directly patching it in memory.

(so server wont notice HUD/grafic changed done with it ye?
Theoretically, the memory of the server won't be accessed by this, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to such things ^^
However, FL Hack might be used in a VERY abusive manner due to what else it can. But there might be a way to remove everything NOT gauge related and just have a very small program for this.

But still, I'm a noob to programming and hacking ^^
Quote:Equip Mass v1.00 (4k; includes C++ source; 1.1). Adds mass of equipment and cargo to the ship's mass. See EquipMass.cpp for usage
Quote:Ship Class v1.00 (4k; includes C source). Defines additional ship classes. See shipclass.c for usage.
Quote:Territory MP v1.00 (8k; includes C++ source). The chat history shows the territory players are in, not the system. See territorymp.cpp for usage.

neeeeeed those!
More ship classes, territory map, ammo limit, and dock key are the ones I want.

Repair zones would be nice, but there's a caveat to negative damage.

If it's at full health, hitting a ship with even -1 damage will cause it to instantly explode.
Pages: 1 2