Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Homefront
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I got this game for PC on my store credit today. Though I haven't even been able to play it yet since a portion of the game data is on the Steam servers, my game won't even start downloading. :nono:

Fair enough for anti-piracy but come on, at least make the servers available!

So while I wait and tear things up in Team Fortress 2 before I go jogging, anyone else got the game? I've seen multiplayer gameplay videos and it looks great, mix of Battlefield and CoD gameplay. Although I hear the single player campaign is very short, though I don't mind, I wanted the multiplayer aspect this time.

Steam, please for goodness sakes download the game! :(
Koreans ; Demonized to the max. Ridiculous.
Americans ; All suffer Mary Sue syndrome. All invincible and just FREEDOM FIGHTERS FOR A FREE GAMMERICA!

Played it for 45 minutes. Uninstalled.
Did you even try multiplayer? I never bought it for Singleplayer.
Multiplayer FPS is not my thing generally. So no.
It got mixed feelings.
Single Player is apparently feeling tacked on. Where multiplayer is great.
Yet to play it but will proboblly pick it up once it goes on sale later on in the year. Or when its added to the THQ Complete Pack.

THQ complete with DoW2 Retribution+Homefront on top of everything else cmon THQ make it happeso I can get los of games for 49.99 over the summer:D
Just played some SP and a game of MP. The single player is nothing spectacular, though they seem to have spent a lot of time on character design, but not implementation. If they spent some more time on the single player, this game could be epic. But sadly not.

Multiplayer was actually extremely fun, I was running around with an assault rifle I think, next thing I know "ooh! I can fly a drone! Let's try that!" Next thing I know I'm raining hell down from above against a whole team of idiot snipers! I love raping campers!:nyam: Still it took one player with a Proximity launcher/aka AA missile I think to end my spree.

I love battle commander, the more damage you do, the more you're going to be hunted!

Though it didn't stop a 78-6 player just now. I swear I saw a speed modder, the THQ forums are ablaze with no VAC at all!

Multiplayer... with no cheat detection. I think I'll play TF2 and train for a few days.
for me, the single player started out very well, when the truck hit the bus at the beginning i was like THIS IS GOING TO BE A EPIC GAME....3 missions and 20 restarts later...not so much.

There was NO bullet penetration at all. anywhere. There was a bot hiding behind a overturned Mattress and he was not getting damaged from a ACR full auto into where his face would have been. also, in the SP, the M4 has a 20 bullet mag....srs. It had the model of a 30 bullet mag, but It only holds 20 bullets. Crezi much? Then there is the problem of the story. So Koreans launch a EMP that fries ONLY the US? Wouldnt the UN and Mexico/Canada get a bit edgy that the US is being invaded? And the fact that they basically nuked the Mississippi river, creating a barrier between the West and the East, wouldn't someone put into account the radiation flowing into the sea?

Multiplayer is completely meh. While flying a RC helo and marking targets and gunning them down is friggin AMAZING, one hit kill snipers with not much swing means soldiers running around with sniper rifles popping you at point blank range. I gave up on multiplayer after I reached rank 5. The Battlepoints system is a real great implementation, turns down rocket and explosive spam that comes with equipable rockets, and I also found swapping between the Parrot drone(the one that marks targets) and doing ground infantry was great, hoping nobody notices the drone hiding in the corner of some random house:D

All in all, Homefront is best a game that you would find in the 20-30 dollar range, Its a real linear, slightly entertaining but annoying game to play. Poor execution of many of the great ideas ruin the game, and in perfect honesty, its just another COD wannabe. All in all, I give this game a 6-7 out of ten.

And, At least i got metro 2033 with Homefront on steam.:)

Edit: By Swing, I mean Deviation.
You may want to check out the new patch that should be implemented now or very soon. 1 hit sniper kills only if headshotted (Thank God, though still meh).

Single player start sequence as in no shooting, is one of THE BEST sequences ever. Almost Half Life 2 esquee.
' Wrote:You may want to check out the new patch that should be implemented now or very soon. 1 hit sniper kills only if headshotted (Thank God, though still meh).

Single player start sequence as in no shooting, is one of THE BEST sequences ever. Almost Half Life 2 esquee.

Point one: If that is fixed, then I might go back and start playing homefront again(after I finish whoring crysis 2)

It felt like a first person movie. Which would probably kill in the box office. I WANT FIRST PERSON MOVIE D:
I hereby declare that I pirated it. And to be fair for once I am glad I did. The whole idea is idiotic to say the least. I am kinda sick of Americans (no offence to the people living there who think the same as me, the rest can pretty much frakk off) fighting their fears of the Cold War in the form of funny computer games where the US is being invaded by Russia slash Evil Communistic country using AKs MIGs and RPGs a.k.a Russia Minor.
First there was Red Alert but the whole concept of it was brilliant time travel and all I support that, then i tasted World in Conflict which was pretty **** in terms of story but the way it was told was simply mesmerizing, then I had the "honor" of playing Modern Warfare II which was the epitome of all I despise but one scene of a nuclear explosion in space and realistically represented EMP made me love the game...and now there is Homefront. It is quite literally the worst of the worst that you can combine in the form of bites to form a sort of digital entertainment (more like frakkin torture) First being a pretty shameless copy. Second a story that is as clichéd as a Chuck Norris joke... I don't know what to say really. Maybe I am a bit too cynical to see the good points of the game, maybe I am too drunk atm to actually make a reasonable review (thank you Iphone grammar check!!!!!) Maybe I'll stop whining when I see an Easter European game about the evil Americans invading cuz quite frankly a **** is a **** no matter how many hues you add to the brown... So yeah if you out there are wondering if it's worth it as far as I am concerned it's not, go play some of the games mentioned above they are much more rewarding, but if you want to play something now I suggest you put your money in a bank and wait for the titles like ME3, The Witcher2 and Skyrim
Pages: 1 2