Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: White cell guns shooting their own faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
So apparently, it is now valid RP to shoot corsairs with corsair guns, to mount black widows on black dragons.

Because if the right person gave me permission once, it cant revoked anymore on the grounds that my RP actions are making the reasoning why the faction would have allowed me to use the stuff absurd.

This totally breaks any "RP" behind the white cells, and it becomes purely a matter of what player knows what player.

Thoughts?

EDIT: You may also post your thoughts about the legitimacy of multiple granted SRPs for people in the same factions as certain admins here.
If you give out guns to someone, you should expect the possibility of those guns being used to shoot you.

It's as simple as that.

Person being shot: "Hey! You can't shoot me with that rifle! I gave you it!"

Person shooting: "And? Maybe you should have thought about that before you gave it to me!"
I've operated from the very very beginning that if we GMG| gave the ok to use our guns they were yours. No OORP tricks or methods to relieve you of them if your RP later turns those guns on us. We'd make bounty as an RP responce but we never would consider the idea of forcing you to remove the guns or lose the ship. I see it's recently been made so across the board by admin declaration. I'm glad, very glad, because I always operated under the impression that this was the intention in the first place.
I voted 'make permission revokable'.

While we'r at it, can we have any argument to why was it changed to 'irreversible' after all?
Because, I can't think of any good ones.

Sure, some factions did have a hard time to obtain certain weapons and ships.
But they should still try to keep their relations friendly towards those factions, if they want to keep the guns.

Also, factions didn't know that this was going to change at some point.
They gave loads of equipment to anyone who'd ask for it, because they thought they -could- revoke it after all.
I bet that if they knew that it's 'irreversible', they would be real careful when giving away the equipment.

One more thing. What goes on with the factions that signed a contract with certain individuals?
Say, GMG wouldn't give away any technology if you don't sign a contract that you wouldn't attack them with it.
So, basically, you made all those contracts null, even if people did sign them and agree to those terms.

Why is that so?

EDIT: Maybe it wasn't GMG after all. But I'm sure I'v seen a few factions asking for signing a contract. Omicroners perhaps.
Tech revocation requests would be the only sure way to handle it.

The admins have enough on their plate. Leave as is.
As far as I heard, the justification that you cant mount the guns you tractored if they are in violation of your ID is that you cant repair and sustain them.

That justification is now also moot if you continue to let people use weapons long after the owning faction would be repairing them for you or supplying new ones.
' Wrote:to mount black widows on black dragons.

Show me where this is written, and I will personally bite my right foot off.
' Wrote:If you give out guns to someone, you should expect the possibility of those guns being used to shoot you.

It's as simple as that.

Person being shot: "Hey! You can't shoot me with that rifle! I gave you it!"

Person shooting: "And? Maybe you should have thought about that before you gave it to me!"

This.
DI Wrote:So apparently, it is now valid RP to shoot corsairs with corsair guns
See, actually, from an RP point of view, killing people with their own guns makes sense.
I don't see why the guns should suddenly stop working when someone uses them to shoot at people who made them.

You sold your guns to a bunch of ruthless mercs ? Really ? You did that ? Too bad, they won't work for you forever.

Quote:That justification is now also moot if you continue to let people use weapons long after the owning faction would be repairing them for you or supplying new ones.
People can repair guns, too. They don't have to be maintained by the faction who made them in the first place.
' Wrote:Tech revocation requests would be the only sure way to handle it.

The admins have enough on their plate. Leave as is.

The other sure way to handle it would be to remove white cells, which would leave the admin plate entirely empty on this matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15