Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Engagement start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i was wondering if you forbit some weapons from starting an engeigment, fro exaple, a gunboat can pulse razor someone before he have time to react, or a free snac shot give the starter of the engagement an unfair advantage
There is nothing agains the rules in instantly killing someone or using your advantage as bomber pilot. That's something against common sense in sitting still while the potential enemy (in posession of weapon that can kill you in a second) is nearby. And that's something about being douche in putting 2 preset messages and engaging someone in the next second.

I suppose that your case is one of those mentioned above.
Don't sit still if you're looking at a hostile or potential hostile.
This is something that took me a bit to learn, but is a very invaluable lesson. There is nothing to stop a potential hostile opponent from committing an act called, "insta-gibbing". It is performed in the exact senses that you explained above, and I have committed such an act a few times also.

It seems dirty and low, but sometimes it can literally mean the difference between being outnumbered and turning the tables.

The remedy to such a situation is to never sit still around ANYONE that could potentially turn hostile, no matter how docile they may seem at the time. If you learn this lesson quick, then the insta-gibbing will almost never happen to you again.
' Wrote:Don't sit still <strike>if you're looking at a hostile or potential hostile.</strike> EVER.
yes but when you are wrighting you cannot move
Hit the Thruster key (there's also a NEW lock option for this so that you don't have to press the key constantly), and point to the upper left/right or lower left/right corner of your screen, this gives you some time to write!

' Wrote:yes but when you are wrighting you cannot move
The solution is clearly to not RP, only PvP.
Use "Mouse flight", thrust and put the pointer at the edge of screen, so you will be flying in rounds making yourself a hard target. While doing that press "Enter" and type the message while your thruster works.

For some reason it don't turn off if you opened the chat window. You can also just turn it "permanently" on.

And always keep distance from the opponent.
transports and gunboats cannot do that
Pages: 1 2