Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kushan VHF hitbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Butt

Sir, I respectfully disagree. If the Marauder is to be considered as a viable ship then it needs a serious overhaul. An upgrade in weapons and maybe a rebalance. Almost not worth it. I revoice my request for a raider fighter, on par with the viper Mk II, to be added in the next update. Remember, you fought off that Lib BS when the Marauders hitbox was still whacked (and the pilot wasn't very good either). Winning is not the only thing we want my friend. And saying so will do nothing but cause a flame war. I could take the position that all you want is an easy target to kill. If thats the case then fine I'll go get a starflier and you can feel as self important as you want. I don't care about winning or about names on displays and I actually try to treat my opponents with a little respect.

Also the argument that the Cylons have their ships and should stick to them is disingenuous. For a long time the BSG had 2 Battlestar models and a viper model. Never did the viper have a lvl 9 gun limit and IMG equivilant ships you filled out your fleets with were well balanced (yes even the Albatross). Now you have both battlestars, two Vipers (both w/ lvl 10 guns) and a gunboat with a Cruiser in the works. And I haven't seen your marauder in a long time (I totaly understand if the pressures of running the BSG limit your time. It's tough) And please don't give me that "well if you were a real pilot, then you'd learn to use the inferior ship" crap. If that's the case, scrap your vipers and get Crows. And by your logic, we should go back to the Marauder so that it doesn't take so long to kill us in 5 on 1 dogfights. I'm sorry to take your time. I would love to fly a Cylon ship (even that old heap) if only it was a more fair exchange. Life isn't fair, I know, but give us at least a small break dude. Respectfully agree to disagree.

For the rest of you I appologise for the off topic tangent. If the issue is a bugged hitbox, I will say again. I have no knowledge of these things. So far 3 of the 4 ships the Cylons have adopted have been found to have faulty hitboxes. Who designs these things anyway? I have always tried to adapt our RP and the ships we use to fit as closly (and as fairly) as possible. Pretty soon we'll have no choice but to adopt a well used fighter and try to stretch our RP around it. Not good for us and I would hate that. Bottom line is this, the hitbox needs to be fixed or it doesn't. Either way I assume it would take a new update to accomplish this (please tell me if I'm wrong) My suggestion is to give us a fair and equitable ship, such as a raider (and fix the Kushan hitbox too of course) and lay to rest this bickering.
Hmm..

model is what you see on the screen

hitbox is what you hit

Clearly as seen on the pictures the shots are going trough the model but miss the hitbox . I'm sure AoM can correct himself. Anyway this is just word-picking.

It is very clear to everyone that the hitbox doesn't fit the shape of the ship.

I also have to agree that it doesn't make you kill more people.. it just means the fights lasts longer. If you are so good at dodging then you can surely do as well in a different ship?

EDIT: Ok so you agree that you don't fly the proper RP ships because you don't want to loose? Well it's simple, write to Igiss in the balance thread how would you like the Marauder or whatever other ship to be... if he sees it fit he will change it.

EDIT2: You used the Marauder when it had a strange hitbox... why did you stop using it after it got fixed and got better agility and a torpedo?
We stopped way before hitbox change, we meaning A206, and moved to Somataw and then I found Kushan. Overall, this, as I have said, is moot. It was only begun becuase someone brought it up and it was not me. However, I shall not allow me, and mine, be insulted, with forethought or not, due to their preceived view of things.
' Wrote: Butt

Sir, I respectfully disagree. If the Marauder is to be considered as a viable ship then it needs a serious overhaul. An upgrade in weapons and maybe a rebalance. Almost not worth it. I revoice my request for a raider fighter, on par with the viper, to be added in the next update. Remember, you fought off that Lib BS when the Marauders hitbox was still whacked (and the pilot wasn't very good either).

Also the argument that the Cylons have their ships and should stick to them is disingenuous. For a long time the BSG had 2 Battlestar models and a viper model. Never did the viper have a lvl 9 gun limit and IMG equivilant ships you filled out your fleets with were well balanced (yes even the Albatross). Now you have both battlestars, two Vipers (both w/ lvl 10 guns) and a gunboat with a Cruiser in the works. And I haven't seen your marauder in a long time (I totaly understand if the pressures of running the BSG limit your time. It's tough) And please don't give me that "well if you were a real pilot, then you'd learn to use the inferior ship" crap. If that's the case, scrap your vipers and get Crows. And by your logic, we should go back to the Marauder so that it doesn't take so long to kill us in 5 on 1 dogfights. I'm sorry to take your time. I would love to fly a Cylon ship (even that old heap) if only it was a more fair exchange. Life isn't fair, I know, but give us at least a small break dude. Respectfully agree to disagree.

For the rest of you I appologise for the off topic tangent. If the issue is a bugged hitbox, I will say again. I have no knowledge of these things. So far 3 of the 4 ships the Cylons have adopted have been found to have faulty hitboxes. Who designs these things anyway? I have always tried to adapt our RP and the ships we use to fit as closly (and as fairly) as possible. Pretty soon we'll have no choice but to adopt a well used fighter and try to stretch our RP around it. Not good for us and I would hate that. Bottom line is this, the hitbox needs to be fixed or it doesn't. Either way I assume it would take a new update to accomplish this (please tell me if I'm wrong) My suggestion is to give us a fair and equitable ship, such as a raider (and fix the Kushan hitbox too of course) and lay to rest this bickering.

The easiest way out would be to have marauder upgraded. Class 10 shield would be satisfactory I guess? 9k armor and standard 4x class 10 and 2x class 9 weapons with possibly Titan's reactor, while retaining current agility? If u wanna have basic STATS on Marauder same as Viper's, you'd have to loose agility, or it WOULDN'T be BALANCED craft...Kushan is UNBALANCED even w/o hitbox bug. It's just too agile, and too armored. You're not choosing the craft to fit your RP, you're choosing the craft to have "the edge" over Viper, or most others for that matter.

Centurion, class 10 weapon slots mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if u can mount Krakens and Wyrms. Class 7 and 8 slots on marauder may reduce its instant firepower, but enables you to have much longer "shooting time". My example of two marauders chasing off Battlecruiser had little to do with "hitbox", but more with the fact that marauders HAD enough FIREPOWER to keep battlecruisers shields down. So I'd say that its energy output is satisfactory. And that was w/o using novas, or razors or infernos (which it can use NOW)
come on..is this gonna turn into flame fest or hit box issue on Kushan?....
calm down people...mod isn't perfect and all of us here work on improving it....
i am sure that Kushan will get fixed and upgraded in new release...Marauder also...
I for one also would like to Viper MKI to become HF or equal to LFs MKII....with lvl 9mounts...

but thats all for balance and mod suggestions threads....

conclusion here is that Kushan has buggy hit box....and why we continue arguing?..it will get fixed even if fix it myself...

Me personally as member of CR, who fights Cylons on occasion can live with that until its fixed...
@ Mjolnir,

Sir what ship you fly? Is it the best the RM has to offer? A VHF? Why not fly their HF or even their LF? Because you want to win. Nobody and this includes the hard core RP'rs (Except Tannik Seldon who is a true RP guru) fly a weaker ship just to fit RP. Nobody.

I guess that everyone wants the Cylons to be easy target practice. Kind of an oddity but no real threat. Sad really. I liked them a whole lot.

"When they came for the Marauder, I did not speak. When they came for the Hacker gunship, I remained silent. When they came for the Kushan fighter, I did not stand up. When they came for my ship, there was no one left to stand with."

That is just it Doom, its been here for years and only now is there a whining becuase I have made it effective. It is not uber in any sense. It is effective for one, good weapons loadout as I stated before and two better pilots.
' Wrote:That is just it Doom, its been here for years and only now is there a whining becuase I have made it effective. It is not uber in any sense. It is effective for one, good weapons loadout as I stated before and two better pilots.

I don't whine about Kushan cos of its hitbox really, nor its uberness, but more cos it's not fitting for CYLON RP. And Oso, please do bring up Kushans stats, and compare it to Vipers, than tell me how it's not "UBER" in any sense?
I'm detecting some less-than-honorable intentions in this thread, in a big way. Just thought I'd let everybody know! ^_^
' Wrote:Yes, mk2 has, but it's a larger hitbox then mk1.
' Wrote:Then they have the Viper MkII which is just as agile as the Eagle, also invulnerable to missile, more armor, more energy, oh and guess what.
1/2 of the ship don't seem to have a hitbox.
' Wrote:Viper mk2 agile as Eagle????? WTF?
' Wrote:They have the Viper MkI with more agility
' Wrote:Eagle agility - 1.3415
Viper agility - 1.1556
Wrath agility - 1.250

I think its been proven many times that Datastorm, and simple .ini numbers do not show in-game agility accurately. If you had used the search feature, you'd know this.

' Wrote:But if you guys would stop ripping off it's wings, maybe the size would be realistic.
I haven't seen a BD with it's wings in 2 months, except Zapp's i believe.

I guess you don't get out much then. I've never blown off my wings. Heck, no enemy has ever shot of my wings. More than just Zapp play stock BDs. Also, the fact that some people shoot off the wings is not an excuse to nerf the ship. By your rules of nerfing, I should ask Titan agility and armor to be nerfed because its impossible to hit it with its wings shot off. Your trying to nerf a ship based on a FEW people's tactics of flying it without wings.
You'd simply be guaranteeing that everyone does it, as it'd be the only way to stay alive. We people who play the ship fairly would be completely screwed over because of it. What would you say if we nerfed the Corsair gunboat because a few people were abusing a tactic? You'd be pissed. Don't be surprised when others don't want you going for an unneeded nerf on something because a FEW others abused it.

Now, what I posted was relevant, as its BSG/CR who are complaining about the Kushan, when they themselves use a ship with the same problem. So if Kushan needs fixed, the Viper does as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9